Mesa Mark ? - What Is this?

LPMojoGL

IMG_20211016_122254952.jpg

IMG_20211016_122308785.jpg

IMG_20211016_122259253.jpg

So $1200-1500 isn't a rape?
Dude also has black tolex and wood/cane grills MkIII purple stripes and MkIVs for good prices.
Wondering if worth it if I have .50+.
Probably not.

The Mark IIB I had was one of the most killer amps I ever owned when boosted. It was loop modded, so I think that was a big part of its awesomeness. It was an absolute wrecking ball.
The MK IIB(and III) had the "SUS-4" suspension mounting system which I thought was standard on them.
As far as I'm concerned, that amp it blew goat.

EV or Celestion Black Shadow?

Black shadow, mc-90 I believe.
Is EV better? For less $, I can get another .50+ head with open/closed back metal grill 2x12 with EVs.

The MK IIB(and III) had the "SUS-4" suspension mounting system which I thought was standard on them.
As far as I'm concerned, that amp it blew goat.
Huh? That amp it blew goat? I'm not up on current slang.

I didnt like it...LOL
Very 'WOOFY' in the low end and needed help gain wise.
That was like 20 yrs ago so maybe running it into a 4x12 and more updated overdrive pedals would make it a ripper.

I didnt like it...LOL
Very 'WOOFY' in the low end and needed help gain wise.
That was like 20 yrs ago so maybe running it into a 4x12 and more updated overdrive pedals would make it a ripper.
Ok, got it.

Well this dude has some purple and red stripe MkIIIs and MkIvs in black tolex and wood with cane grill for $1500+.
He has 8 amps in all. At the Guitarlington guitar show. I can get his info for anyone interested

That’s an early IIB SRG with RP9A board (earliest variant)… probably an ‘80.. The early IIB’s did not have SUS-4, as that mounting system came along in ‘82. Really good rock n roll machine, but not tight and can be woofy as noted. The last version of IIB (‘82-83) is more aggressive and a bit tighter, but had loop issues (if not loop modded, which this one isn’t). It’s not a heavy metal amp, by any stretch. Price seems reasonable in today’s market.

Edit: Not the OG speaker, and that hang tag has nothing to do with that amp.

That’s an early IIB SRG with RP9A board (earliest variant)… probably an ‘80.. The early IIB’s did not have SUS-4, as that mounting system came along in ‘82. Really good rock n roll machine, but not tight and can be woofy as noted. The last version of IIB (‘82-83) is more aggressive and a bit tighter, but had loop issues (if not loop modded, which this one isn’t). It’s not a heavy metal amp, by any stretch. Price seems reasonable in today’s market.
Thanks man! That's awesome info.

Edit: Not the OG speaker, and that hang tag has nothing to do with that amp.

One I had was a 79 and loop modded and it was one of the best thrash/death metal amps I've ever heard. It could go from the most tight and wonderfully compressed metal tones to a similarly tight but VERY open sledgehammer chug machine. Had the widest most massive sonic footprint I've ever experienced...bigger sounding than any of the six Wizards I've owned. Not punchier, but bigger sounding. Shouldn't
have let that one go.

One I had was a 79 and loop modded and it was one of the best thrash/death metal amps I've ever heard. It could go from the most tight and wonderfully compressed metal tones to a similarly tight but VERY open sledgehammer chug machine. Had the widest most massive sonic footprint I've ever experienced...bigger sounding than any of the six Wizards I've owned. Not punchier, but bigger sounding. Shouldn't
have let that one go.
I've read the loop mods bring em close to 2c territory.

Back