Mesa Single Rectifier

MailmanDan swore by his fja modded dual. said it was the meanest map he ever owned...and he owned many maps...just like he loved men....and many men loved him.... :love:

MailmanDan swore by his fja modded dual. said it was the meanest map he ever owned...and he owned many maps...just like he loved men....and many men loved him.... :love:
I had that FJA single recto after Mailman. He was right,it was bad motherfucking ass.
Stienmentz got it from me. I woulda bought it back but I wanted a dual recto modded instead(another debacle in and of itself).
Back then I was more into the headroom difference between a 50 and 100 watt amps.
The 50 watt recto just didn't have the "oomph". No other way to describe it.
And Juggernaut Mike said it was too "polite" after it was modded.
But I wish I had that Mailman recto back now. I sill have the FJA modded 6505 Mailman sold me. Total keeper.

If tone is all you're after, it's hard to beat a Dual that you've pulled half the tubes out of to run it in 50W mode. That way you still get tube rectification, and IMO it sounds better than a single. Of course you can do this with a Triple as well however the ohm match doesn't line up square when you do it here (according to Mike) FWIW..

I tested this once looking to find evidence of the "girth" of the extra HP on the mic, when what I really found was that the tone had better cut with less tubes. I've seen the same thing on other Rectos since then.

Back