Mesa Tremoverb Not Able To Solo Boost

Charvel1975

So last night at our rehearsal spot me and the other guitarist were setting up our rehearsal rigs and I was setting up my 1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head and Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back and custom made footswitch to control all functions of the amp along with my Pedaltrain Mini pedalboard using a new Behringer POWER THE WORLD PSU-HSB-ALL All-Country DC 9 V/1.7 A Power Adapter with Daisy-Chain Connectors, Jumper Cables and All-Country Mains Adapters: Maxon 0D808 into a ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost into a MXR M234 Analog Chorus pedals running into the effects loop of the Mesa and the boost was not boosting at all and was making horrible buzzing, out of phase and alien noises??!! The amp is unboostable and we even tried without the Modtone and kicking in the effects loop on and off from the footswitch and nothing? I'm going to bring the amp home here for home use with a Bugera PS-1 power soak and the pedal board with all the pedals minus the ModTone. I give up
:x

Modtone works out front?

What if you buffer the signal in the effects loop before the modtone boost? Could be too hot of a signal for the pedal in that location of the loop.

Could also be the supply has poor filtering. I recommend a pedal supply that filters each power output seperately so that the pedals aren’t sharing the same supply voltage which can cause stability issues.

Reactions: Geo
Modtone works out front?

What if you buffer the signal in the effects loop before the modtone boost? Could be too hot of a signal for the pedal in that location of the loop.

Could also be the supply has poor filtering. I recommend a pedal supply that filters each power output seperately so that the pedals aren’t sharing the same supply voltage which can cause stability issues.
Yes we tried the Modtone in front of amp too, did not boost and was making all sorts of weird noises, etc in front of amp too :(

Yes we tried the Modtone in front of amp too, did not boost and was making all sorts of weird noises, etc in front of amp too :(
Sounds like a pedal supply problem or a pedal problem. Did you try it out front with a different pedal supply?

Behringer hasn’t exactly been known for build quality.

Has the pedal worked the way you want with any amp ?

The manual says the effects loop can work without line level effects. I take for granted you already followed the directions in the manual.

Last edited:
So last night at our rehearsal spot me and the other guitarist were setting up our rehearsal rigs and I was setting up my 1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head and Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back and custom made footswitch to control all functions of the amp along with my Pedaltrain Mini pedalboard using a new Behringer POWER THE WORLD PSU-HSB-ALL All-Country DC 9 V/1.7 A Power Adapter with Daisy-Chain Connectors, Jumper Cables and All-Country Mains Adapters: Maxon 0D808 into a ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost into a MXR M234 Analog Chorus pedals running into the effects loop of the Mesa and the boost was not boosting at all and was making horrible buzzing, out of phase and alien noises??!! The amp is unboostable and we even tried without the Modtone and kicking in the effects loop on and off from the footswitch and nothing? I'm going to bring the amp home here for home use with a Bugera PS-1 power soak and the pedal board with all the pedals minus the ModTone. I give up
:x
I have never used a loop for any FX outside of time-based ones, i.e., reverb/delay, maybe modulation (chorus/flanger). Those go in the loop, everything else goes out front, especially distortion/OD pedals. The way it is now, you are only boosting the level of the preamp as it hits the poweramp, I have never tried to know, but I am not surprised at the results you're getting.

I've never heard of a boost being use in the loop...maybe it is just me.

Dang...The Trem-O-Verb is one of my favorite amps, and loves a good OD/boost pedal in front. I would look to different causes besides the amp. The caveat would be whatever you have to use in the loop; Dual Recto loops are not known to be the best.

I just got to thinking I have a DigiTech RP1000 that was my brother-in-law's that's here at the house, how well would that work with the Mesa Tremoverb, possibly 4 cable method?

Back