Meshuggah gear article for Immutable (EVH) this time

This last album's tones were a big boring IMO, maybe leaning away from the 33/TC pre is the reason. That's a bigger part of their sound than the Rectos, tbh. Lundgrens and a TC into almost any modern high gainer is going to get close enough to that sound.

This last album's tones were a big boring IMO, maybe leaning away from the 33/TC pre is the reason. That's a bigger part of their sound than the Rectos, tbh. Lundgrens and a TC into almost any modern high gainer is going to get close enough to that sound.
Yeah it's a bit rounder and warmer. Not that that is a bad thing, but I too didn't find the tone as interesting as some of their others. To contrast, I thought the tone sounded great on Violent Sleep of Reason. That was a few amps layered if I remember correctly.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the new album tone compared to the previous albums (especially violent sleep of reason). Nor was it as interesting as the previous few. I still like it though.

Interesting to hear frederik is almost not involved with writing or recording anymore.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the new album tone compared to the previous albums (especially violent sleep of reason). Nor was it as interesting as the previous few. I still like it though.

Interesting to hear frederik is almost not involved with writing or recording anymore.
I’ll admit it’s a tad fuzzy at times

i kept waiting for the cool part to come every song, most songs it never came and even the cool parts were only kind of cool

Back