Metallica wins Grammy

At least Megadeth hasn't forgotten how to be a metal band. I feel like James and Co. just gave up starting with St. Anger.

Actual solos, and they add to the song instead of feeling perfunctory. Refreshing.

The Grammy's and other shows, companies, etc. are clueless on what is going on with rock and roll. This is why metalheads are such cool people and have this bond at shows. You don't see that when you go to other types of concerts. You see individuals. When I go to shows wearing my vest, I'm constantly running into other fans and comparing patches, high fiving, etc. We get it and people that listen to garbage don't.

Out of all the lame things about the Grammys, I think possibly the lamest is when bands are nominated for a single track, which is often a fucking cover song

Or a live version of a really old song. Satch got nominated multiple times for various different versions of Always With Me, Always With You over the course of 20 years lol.

I don't think even the artists believe their Grammy-winning song or album is better than their career-defining work. They just take it as an acknowledgement of their impact on the industry and move on. I try to do the same.

With Metallica specifically, they probably didn't need a ninth win over some other band that's closer to the prime of their careers, but at least 72 Seasons doesn't rank down at the bottom of their catalogue with albums like St. Anger or Lulu (the former of which won a Grammy that was much less deserving). We're not getting Master of Puppets ever again, so I guess this is all the academy can do to help them pile up awards.

To be completely honest, the only Grammy I somewhat care about is whatever one Dream Theater hopefully wins with Portnoy back in the band. It's situations like that that suck, where original members are absent from a band's eventual Grammy win despite being the real reason the band won the award for legacy reasons.

but I thought Megadeth's The Sick The Dying and The Dead is much better.
A LOT better, and there's some really good stuff on that album....Megadeth has done a MUCH better job representing over the years, and you can pretty much always count on a great guitar player being in the lineup.

Back