MF has gotten worse than SW

Spaceboy

I’ve never had issues with SW, the dude they assigned me never calls, and hooks me up sometimes. Musicians Friend has apparently taken a similar approach and assigns every customer a rep now. I added something to my cart last week in attempt to use a coupon code. It wouldn’t apply and I honestly didn’t give a fuck enough to pick up the phone and talk them into it, so I closed the browser and carried on with my life. Now this motherfucker MF assigned me has been calling me twice a day to leave messages about the item left in my cart, and also sends me an email everyday. I got annoyed and logged back in just to delete the shit from my cart yesterday, and today he left another voicemail and email asking if I was still interested. No mfer, I am clearly not interested. Holy shit.

No point to this. Just bitchin.

I’ve never had issues with SW, the dude they assigned me never calls, and hooks me up sometimes. Musicians Friend has apparently taken a similar approach and assigns every customer a rep now. I added something to my cart last week in attempt to use a coupon code. It wouldn’t apply and I honestly didn’t give a fuck enough to pick up the phone and talk them into it, so I closed the browser and carried on with my life. Now this motherfucker MF assigned me has been calling me twice a day to leave messages about the item left in my cart, and also sends me an email everyday. I got annoyed and logged back in just to delete the shit from my cart yesterday, and today he left another voicemail and email asking if I was still interested. No mfer, I am clearly not interested. Holy shit.

I'm glad I can be of help. Let me know how I can better your experience with Musician's Friend in the future and please reach out when you are ready to place that order. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Honestly it worked out pretty well for me last week.

I had put a Shure Beta 56A into my cart. Dude emailed me with a quote that knocked off $10 because Shure is exempt from coupon codes. I didn't respond. So he called later and I answered.

Ended up getting that mic for $129... $40 off of the advertised price and damn near used pricing.

I usually ignore them but this time it paid off to answer the call.

I bought a $14 tele plate from SW. Guy calls me to see if I needed anything else. I politely said I was good. He gets all weird, defensive and aggressive saying he’s not trying to sell me anything, just wants me to know they sell guitar parts. Wierdest call ever lolol

I bought a $14 tele plate from SW. Guy calls me to see if I needed anything else. I politely said I was good. He gets all weird, defensive and aggressive saying he’s not trying to sell me anything, just wants me to know they sell guitar parts. Wierdest call ever lolol
The proper response is "I know you ate my bit-o-honeys" and then maintain radio silence while he figures out what to say back to you.

A friend sent me a Sweetwater link recently to a Captor X asking my opinion on it. A few days later someone from Sweetwater both called and texted me asking if they could answer any questions about the Captor X for me. That's just wildly uncool. I cleared my cookies and asked to be taken off of their list. I know that's how all websites work, but jeez, lie to me a little. Every single experience I've ever had with Sweetwater has been invasive and borderline creepy. I know some people have good luck with their reps, but that hasn't been my experience at all.

If you need me, I'll be on my porch telling kids to get off of my lawn.

I got one call from MF that I didn't pick up and one email. I responded to the email not to call me and contact me by email and that I would get in touch if I needed something. No more contacts. Pretty much the same thing with Sweetwater. My rep will email me occasionally to ask if I'm looking for anything and that's it.

I've been working with the same MF rep for a number of years now, it's worked out great for me, saved me money every time (or I don't buy), and if I have any issues they're taken care of fast.

was disappointed with SW on the last guitar I purchased from them, looks to be a floor model but I can't prove it; the tensioner screw for the trem arm is missing, luckily it wasn't in the case bouncing around.

Now unless it's a SW only item (e.g., Behringer synths), I just get guitars, amps and keys from MF, and make sure it's in their warehouse, in the factory sealed box; my MF rep makes sure they pull one that's unopened, if they don't have one unopened she lets me know; because I return them.

Being in technology sales, I would let the sales reps know your contact preferences; if they don't respect your request, ask for a different sales rep or just call the sales number and work with whoever answers, rinse and repeat.

FWIW, when sales are slow, or management has to make it look like they're adding value. sometimes it's their management that requires them to cold call customers, the sales reps are just the messenger.

I cut them some slack, unless they ignore my contact preferences; I told both my SW and MF reps if you see something you think I may want, email me and I'll let you know. Works well for me

I hear ya man. That shit annoys me, big time. StewMac is doing the same shit. I get emails and texts—just about every day. Motherfuckers need to chill.

I haven't ordered from Musicians Friend since like 15 years ago when I had Beavis or Butthead on the line for my order. "Uhhh like I think the Ibanez drumset comes with a Narshall amp or like a Fender Ampeg Deluxe or some kind of like a Dennis Friedman combo meal amp or whatever it was"

Should have asked if he sells other parts...and left that hangin in the air...

Back