Midi Controlling Pedals

ewill52

Good morning you sexy bitches.

I use a Line 6 HX Effects as a utility pedal that covers lots of misc effects. Recently, i put my H9 back on and I forgot how good that it sounds. This got me into a spiral where I wanted to midi controller to switch both at the same time. I've tinkered with the L6's midi control functions but not having a ton of luck and it's kind of a pain to be honest.

Been thinking about trying the Morningstar MC6. Nice interface to program with, seems like a solid reputable unit. Anyone mess with one? Pros and cons? Is there anything better?

It's excellent. I've gone from the MC6 to the MC6 Pro for the display and onboard relay, but otherwise they're very similar. There's not much it can't do.

Good morning you sexy bitches.

I use a Line 6 HX Effects as a utility pedal that covers lots of misc effects. Recently, i put my H9 back on and I forgot how good that it sounds. This got me into a spiral where I wanted to midi controller to switch both at the same time. I've tinkered with the L6's midi control functions but not having a ton of luck and it's kind of a pain to be honest.

Been thinking about trying the Morningstar MC6. Nice interface to program with, seems like a solid reputable unit. Anyone mess with one? Pros and cons? Is there anything better?
The HX Effects MIDI seems straightforward, I'm using it to control a Catalyst 100 in 4CM.

I haven't tried to integrate it with my H9 though, what issues are you having integrating them, program change, control change,...?

The HX Effects MIDI seems straightforward, I'm using it to control a Catalyst 100 in 4CM.

I haven't tried to integrate it with my H9 though, what issues are you having integrating them, program change, control change,...?
so this is my first foray into midi so it could COMPLETELY be cockpit trouble...

I can get the HX to change to a specific preset on the H9, or i can get the HX to turn a preset off or on, but i cant get it to do both with the click of a single button. I thought the answer was the instant command, but no dice when using in conjunction with the footswitch. Surprisingly, there's very little video tutelage out there on youtube.

Reactions: rsm
IIRC, HX Effects can send up to 6 MIDI "instant commands" on preset load, and similar with snapshots; the footswitch buttons only send one midi command on each button press.

Have a look at using snapshots to see if it will cover what you want.

Last edited:
Man, I just got the hotone ampero midi control today. I was hoping to grab the Morningstar but wanted something a bit more basic. I just want to control my Atla and my H90. I may just use the hotone to use as a channel switcher then I have my h90 ready to go as my lead tone.

I've avoided this stuff like the plague but I am looking forward to learning more.

Back