Mike Fortin's help on friend's DSL100 mod

jasonP

This guy is so cool! Asked for some help on modding a friends DSL100. Totally helped out.
This was recorded with a Iphone so while it's not the best way to record this type of thing hope it gives you an idea of how it sounds... Personally I think it fing rips. Great for more 80's tone. Here is the spec's we went with.

Main
C12/R14 .68uf/2.7k
C13/R15 .68uf/2.7k
C8 .0022uf
C16 .022uf
C17 .001uf
C6/7 .1uf
Input
C11/R19 .001/1M

jasonP":2otfjj49 said:
This guy is so cool! Asked for some help on modding a friends DSL100. Totally helped out.
This was recorded with a Iphone so while it's not the best way to record this type of thing hope it gives you an idea of how it sounds... Personally I think it fing rips. Great for more 80's tone. Here is the spec's we went with.

Main
C12/R14 .68uf/2.7k
C13/R15 .68uf/2.7k
C8 .0022uf
C16 .022uf
C17 .001uf
C6/7 .1uf
Input
C11/R19 .001/1M
Is that guitar to amp or boosted? Either way it sounds killer! :rock:

Awesome! And yes Mike is the man! He has helped my quite a few times with my DSL50 and it RIPS. I just need to change a cap and tame a little of the high end. Or perhaps I order the parts and switch to this spec lol ;) :D

Yeah a stock DSL is smoother and has more beef. But is also slower and not as tight on the attack. This one has more of that 80's hair thing going for it. Has much more grind to the tone.

R.Milbeck":1ifkjni6 said:
I'm looking forward to finally getting around to modding my DSL next month.
I'll looking forward to finally getting a DSL so I can look forward to finally modding it. :LOL: :LOL:

i thought about doing the mod as well on mine but i've got a bones on the way so ill probably leave it stock. Been using the koko boost with mine and it's tight as hell!

Back