Mini Michigan amp fest today....

You guys aren't making my wait for my Meathead any easier :gethim:....:D

I was thinking channels 5/6 would have been the ones to compare with the Herbert for modern metal brutality. It's always been my understanding that 5/6 are channels are the most modern, pissed-off, "metal" sounding channels on the Meathead, while 3/4 (i.e. Bones) are more "round" and less pissed-off & modern.

Sounds like a fun time to get to blast 2 of the best amps on the planet. What is the cab thats under the Meathead and which speakers are in both that and your Lynch cab?

snowdog":17q98scc said:
Sounds like a fun time to get to blast 2 of the best amps on the planet. What is the cab thats under the Meathead and which speakers are in both that and your Lynch cab?
Lynch cab has Emeinence Super V's...AWESOME DEEP SOUNDING!
The other cab has 2 Vintage 30's and 2 Heritage 30's in a "X" pattern.
We ran the amps with both cabs each time in the 'full stack' mode...
it was a WALL OF TONE! :rock:

I told Nate I would give him $100 for the Meathead but he declined....... :LOL: :LOL:

Both amps were SMOKING hot!! :rock:
Each did their own thing though. :thumbsup:

Motorpud":qr5fyxyj said:
....... Thanks again for the hospitality Dan....oh and thanks for keeping
the booze flowing :cheers: .......... :LOL: :LOL:
My Pleasure Brother! :thumbsup:

Helluva time and look forward to keeping the 'amp fests' rolling!!

fearhk213":r49x8tdp said:

I was thinking channels 5/6 would have been the ones to compare with the Herbert for modern metal brutality. It's always been my understanding that 5/6 are channels are the most modern, pissed-off, "metal" sounding channels on the Meathead, while 3/4 (i.e. Bones) are more "round" and less pissed-off & modern.

Me too.
I bet Fortin could accomodate those channels to be over the top on the bottom.
The bottom end on my modded TJ is PERFECT!
No other amp has the punch ya in the chest force like this one. he's the only one
to get it right.
Also, sub lows are killer by yourself but with a bass player can be too much.
How was the feel of the Herbie to the Fortin?
Thanks for the reviews and sounds like y'all had good'ol time :rock:

Jay Strange":svhd4z8k said:
fearhk213":svhd4z8k said:

Me too.
I bet Fortin could accomodate those channels to be over the top on the bottom.
The bottom end on my modded TJ is PERFECT!
No other amp has the punch ya in the chest force like this one. he's the only one
to get it right.
Also, sub lows are killer by yourself but with a bass player can be too much.
How was the feel of the Herbie to the Fortin?
Thanks for the reviews and sounds like y'all had good'ol time :rock:

From my understanding the output stage coupling caps value change works like a high pass filter to some degree. This is what is often associated with the "thump". But if this is changed the whole voicing is changed. It is a balancing act to get the bottom huge well keeping the high end smooth.

Mailman1971":owyqj3pl said:
snowdog":owyqj3pl said:

I told Nate I would give him $100 for the Meathead but he declined....... :LOL: :LOL:

Awesome, I read a great review on those Super V's and it said they were made to reproduce George's favorite Fane speaker, and from your review I was wondering if they sound anything like an EV since I've never heard a Fane in person to compare them to ? I have been thinking of getting a couple of those for my Mesa 212 cab. Thanks. :rock:

snowdog":2l2fpxk1 said:
Mailman1971":2l2fpxk1 said:
snowdog":2l2fpxk1 said:

Awesome, I read a great review on those Super V's and it said they were made to reproduce George's favorite Fane speaker, and from your review I was wondering if they sound anything like an EV since I've never heard a Fane in person to compare them to ? I have been thinking of getting a couple of those for my Mesa 212 cab. Thanks. :rock:
These speakers and cab are really DARK sounding. I read where lynch wanted it that way to deal with the bright sound of his Maple guitar bodies. I wish I had 2 of these cabs. It DEFINITELY OVERSHADOWS the V30's and the Heritage speakers by a landslide. :thumbsup:

Motorpud":2b6nsi53 said:
I'd definitely be down to do it again, it'd be cool if some of the other guys came and brought their stuff too.

Am game, just need to know a lil in advance so I can clear the calander.
:rock:

headlessdeadguy":20vjar3d said:
I'm in for the next one.. I'm bringing my Ampeg and my Crate cab.. I'm serious :D

I may bring the ........ also. :rock:

Brother Mike! :rock: A ..... Will get you in no questions asked :LOL: :LOL: You still coming up in august when the kids go to Cedar Point? I finally got a bridge for the Jackson a couple of days ago, as soon as I finish up the wiring it will be good to go.

If a .......... will be there,I'm fly'n the fuck out there,hell I'll ride my bike to play a ........ :rock:

jmgman69":637muerr said:
If a .......... will be there,I'm fly'n the fuck out there,hell I'll ride my bike to play a ........ :rock:

I might need to re-bias my tubes to redplate to be able to compete with a ...........
this is going to be as expensive as hell,

Motorpud":1ptckuk9 said:
headlessdeadguy":1ptckuk9 said:
I'm in for the next one.. I'm bringing my Ampeg and my Crate cab.. I'm serious :D

Brother Mike! :rock: A ..... Will get you in no questions asked :LOL: :LOL: You still coming up in august when the kids go to Cedar Point? I finally got a bridge for the Jackson a couple of days ago, as soon as I finish up the wiring it will be good to go.
I'm still hoping to. AFAIK we are still planning to make the trip. :thumbsup:

Jimmie":3kei1ybg said:
jmgman69":3kei1ybg said:

I might need to re-bias my tubes to redplate to be able to compete with a ...........
this is going to be as expensive as hell,
If you want to compete against the ..........
You better be ready for a showdown. The ........ leaves no prisoners! :rock:

headlessdeadguy":3dhfaddq said:
Motorpud":3dhfaddq said:
headlessdeadguy":3dhfaddq said:

I'm still hoping to. AFAIK we are still planning to make the trip. :thumbsup:

Cool man :rock:

Back