Minimum Wage Hike in U.S.

I hope Bush veto's this bill, but my guess is he want becasue he has balls about the size of BB's, and hasn't vetoed one bill during his entire presidency. He is a pussy.

>|<>QBB<
Songman68":8c6c9 said:
I hope Bush veto's this bill, but my guess is he want becasue he has balls about the size of BB's, and hasn't vetoed one bill during his entire presidency. He is a pussy.

He vetoed the embryonic stem-cell research bill that 80% of Americans are in favor of. It's his only veto to date. He's also threatened to veto the bill allowing the government to directly negotiate lower prescription drug prices for the Medicare Part D plan, as well as veto the new embryonic stem-cell bill that was just passed this week (that, again, 80% of Americans are in favor of).

>|<>QBB<
Variable":d6ee3 said:
>|<>QBB<

He vetoed the embryonic stem-cell research bill that 80% of Americans are in favor of. It's his only veto to date. He's also threatened to veto the bill allowing the government to directly negotiate lower prescription drug prices for the Medicare Part D plan, as well as veto the new embryonic stem-cell bill that was just passed this week (that, again, 80% of Americans are in favor of).

Threatening and doing it are two different matters. My guess is he doesn't have the balls to veto either. He should veto both of them though, Medicare bill and the Minimum Wage bill.

As for the stem cell research bill that should be left up to private industries not the government and not one tax payers dollar should go towards it. I am all for it being legal for private companies to explore it though.

>|<>QBB<
Songman68":e3629 said:
>|<>QBB<
As for the stem cell research bill that should be left up to private industries not the government and not one tax payers dollar should go towards it. I am all for it being legal for private companies to explore it though.

Yeah I could certainly use a few extra arms and like 1,000 more eyes so that I can achieve my dreams and become half man, half spider. A real life Spiderman! WO0O0ooO)OO0)0OT!

>|<>QBB<
defpearlpilot":074cb said:
>|<>QBB<

This totally doesn't sound right with the attitude that some of these other guys had. I remember somebody said, he's got no this, no that, so he's only worth $5.15. So how does someone with no skills get to start making $7.50, $10, or whatever?

The other thing that I find a bit ironic is that we're all on the side of business but we hate what corporations are doing. :D Aren't they just businesses on a larger scale protecting their interests?

BTW, this post is not aimed at you.

I'm just curious as to what the response will be. I also know plenty of people that have college degrees working in Walgreens, Burger King, etc.

Completely. I have a degree from the same University as my roomate. I work a decent job making a comfortable living (might be even MORE comfortable if this shindig in ATL goes well), and my roomate is unemployed because he's a lazy bastard.

Back