Modded my quikrod today

I came up with a mod(technically my amp tech did based on what I wanted to achieve)to make the 3 gears more similar. I don't know about you guys but foot switching between gear 1 and 2 wasn't working. I can get either channel to sound great on their own but not with a shared EQ. The amp now goes stock gear 1 to a less bassy brighter gear 2. Picture gear 1 but with more body and gain. Now 1 2 and 3 are tonally similar. Our music is too versatile for me to leave on one gear. I prefer the sound of the quikrod without boosts plus it's less tap dancing since I'm also the singer. I can post clips next week but I'm not sure if it'll be noticable on a recording as I've never heard a bad clip of this amp. In the room it's amazing.
I've considered other amps that have more features but the tone of the Splawn is unreal. Such clarity and the gain detail is perfect IMO.
Can your guy tell us what he did? I'm a bit in the same situation. I want a slightly less bassy, brighter Gear 2. It's been difficult to figure out how to get it there. I usually have to dial back the Bass and increase treble on a 10 band EQ.

On the SD1 I'm using it differently than most as I hate the way the amp is pushed setting the volume on max and gain at minimum. I set the volume where it doesn't alter the volume and I set the gain at approximately 8:00-08:30. To me that sounds the best, tightening up the sound without flattening it too much.

To many people up the settings which squish the sound, making it over the top. The same goes for the gain settings on the amp. Less is more coming to the overdriven sound. Up the gain will make it sound thinner and less defined. This is really notable double- or quadruple tracking. Using a lower gain setting will make the tracked guitars sound HUGE and razor-sharp defined.
so on the SD1, at what-o'clock do you have the volume? 10:00? thanks.

Hello all..... I'm new here. I have a older 2005 Quick Rod. I sure love that amp. I don't know if anyone else has tried this.... Turn down the Bass and Treble. Max the Mids. Presence to taste. It opens up the amp. It's not where I keep it always. Just cool to cut through.

Can your guy tell us what he did? I'm a bit in the same situation. I want a slightly less bassy, brighter Gear 2. It's been difficult to figure out how to get it there. I usually have to dial back the Bass and increase treble on a 10
1000002246.jpg
He put in a variable resistor with a relay that foot switches it in and out. This is right where all the different resistors are that make the different modes in the circuit. We couldn't figure out what resistor would do what I wanted so he added a variable one such like you would see in a bias pot and I was able to adjust it until I got what I needed.

I love the Tumnus Germanium as a boost with my QR for some tones. It cuts a little bass and I run the gain on the pedal very low, about 9 to 10 O'clock and just past unity gain on the volume knob. Treble about 12:30.. My Quickrod loves this pedal...

20231211_175449~2.jpg

Has anyone modded an older Quick Rod's clean channel to have more presence? Mine is a 2005.

Has anyone modded an older Quick Rod's clean channel to have more presence? Mine is a 2005.
I've not heard of that mod but I can see why someone would want it. I bet if you ask in the Tech Sub Forum someone might be able to tell what resistor to change (or whatever).

Back