Module for cleaner Marshall tone?

I have a Dual SL module in my M4, but even with the gain most of the way down its never gets
very clean, and sometimes I just want a clean tone voiced like a Marshall. Is there a better module for this,
or should I put a lower gain tube like a 5751 in the SL. Which tube of the 2 tubes would I replace?
TIA...

Agreed. My MOD50 is ALWAYS loaded with the BMAN and SL2, dialed in as:

BMAN Channel A - Crystal clean
BMAN Channel B - Mild break up
SL2 Channel A - Crunchy Marshall goodness
SL2 Channel B - Modded Marshall tones

Add to that a BB+ Preamp pedal on the floor, and I basically have access to 16 tones!

BTW - The BMAN's EQ is almost (or maybe exactly) the same as the SL, so it will get you the Marshall clean tone as well.....

Thanks everyone for the tips! FYI I do have a BMAN, and its by far my favorite module.
I'm just looking for the same gain structure as the BMAN but with the different midrange of a Marshall.
I think I will try a 5751 in the SL.

I use the Jan Phillips 5751 in any Fender or VX voiced module in the V1 slot as well and it sounds great. I don't own an SL but I would definitely try it.

Attachments

• thetubestore_2160_39155202.jpg
    thetubestore_2160_39155202.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 768
I tried a Groove Tubes 5751 in the left tube socket (facing the knobs) on on my SL, which I think is the correct one.
Not an improvement: rounder, darker tone that didn't cut as well, didn't sound like there was much change in gain or volume at all.
I'm surprised, as I've good results with 5751's cleaning up the tone in other amps.
I ended up going back to the stock Egnater tube.

This may not be something you want to do, but maybe try lowering your pickups. I really like the clean tone on the SL A, although it's not always 100% pure, but that's because most of my guitars have fairly low output pickups. I tried it with a more modern pick up and it wasn't the same.

What I did for Michael Wilton of Queensryche is this. Took a Twin and put marshall tone controls in it. He loved it!

Jeff Hilligan":mc3mq0yu said:
What I did for Michael Wilton of Queensryche is this. Took a Twin and put marshall tone controls in it. He loved it!
That sounds perfect, you still doing mods? Just sent you a PM.

Back