Module Storage

Mercury25

I need some input from the "multiple-module" owners out there.

How/where do you SAFELY store your extra modules when you are not using them?
I think it would be cool to have all of them available to swap out during set changes when playing out...

Thanks!

Mercury25":2b58gd1r said:
I need some input from the "multiple-module" owners out there.

How/where do you SAFELY store your extra modules when you are not using them?
I think it would be cool to have all of them available to swap out during set changes when playing out...

Thanks!
In my M4 of course :D and when these guys get off there butt and get that other new storage case finished LOL(E2)then we'll be set

This is why I love this forum!

(Explaining to my better half...about the FedEx box on the front door step)
"No, it's not ANOTHER amp/rig--it's going to protect my current investment! OH, and if "necessary" I guess I could use it as a backup..."

Hmmm, I may need to call Jeff tomorrow --Thanks for the idea!

Mercury25":3evbwxbt said:
This is why I love this forum!

(Explaining to my better half...about the FedEx box on the front door step)
"No, it's not ANOTHER amp/rig--it's going to protect my current investment! OH, and if "necessary" I guess I could use it as a backup..."

Hmmm, I may need to call Jeff tomorrow --Thanks for the idea!
Glad I could help.module protection IS very important you know :D

Well, my Mod 50 is being shipped out today or tomorrow (super excited), and i've got 3 modules coming. So i was going to get a flight case for it, but with an extra section on the side where i can hold 2 more modules :)

When I first got into the MTS gear (and was waiting for the official Randall module case to ship), I put together my own case... Basically just a Craftsman soft-sided tool bag with some styrofoam/padding for module protection.

toolbag1.jpg

toolbag2.jpg

toolbag3.jpg

Doesn't hold as many as the Randall case, but works perfect for me now, since I don't have quite as many spare Egnater modules.

zoom_mtsbag.jpg

--B

Mercury25":36koyhgb said:
Well, I found a solution for storing AND transporting my modules...

EgModSto.jpg

Is that one of those tubedepot tubecube cases? looks sweet :D

I've been using one of the Randall cases, unfortunately I now have enough modules to fill an M4, my RM50HB and 8 in teh case...doh!

zoom_mtsbag.jpg

Yeah, I bought a TubeCube for tubes (duhh!) but then I was like hmmmm, that is the perfect depth for the modules AND some spare 12AX7's.

So I ordered another one from Pelican for the modules. It's model #1300 in case you are interested...

I think (famous last words...) I have all the modules I need for now: VX, TD, SL2, EG5 and Erect, so this case should work out fine.

However, Pelican does make larger ones just in case Jeff decides to release an arsenal of new modules this year--You always need a contingency plan!

JKD":1pe9rycw said:
Mercury25":1pe9rycw said:
Well, I found a solution for storing AND transporting my modules...

EgModSto.jpg

Is that one of those tubedepot tubecube cases? looks sweet :D

I've been using one of the Randall cases, unfortunately I now have enough modules to fill an M4, my RM50HB and 8 in teh case...doh!

zoom_mtsbag.jpg

those are both killer looking cases. Unfortunately for me, I only have 6 modules. Enough modules to fill a M4 and a Mod50 :).

Eric

Mercury25":x6p25ec9 said:
Yeah, I bought a TubeCube for tubes (duhh!) but then I was like hmmmm, that is the perfect depth for the modules AND some spare 12AX7's.

So I ordered another one from Pelican for the modules. It's model #1300 in case you are interested...

I think (famous last words...) I have all the modules I need for now: VX, TD, SL2, EG5 and Erect, so this case should work out fine.

However, Pelican does make larger ones just in case Jeff decides to release an arsenal of new modules this year--You always need a contingency plan!

Thanks..this is great for us to use for ourselves when we go to artists studio or shows to demo modules. Thanks!

I am 100% definitely absolutely getting one of those TubeCubes for my modules!!! Thanks for the great find.

Hey Jeff,
This is the silver version--but these would look great in black and tan...or maybe just an Egnater logo!

Here are a couple more pics for ya...

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

The TubeCube from Tube Depot was $49.95 plus shipping--but it has their logo etc. imprinted on the lid and you can't remove it.

I bought the silver one from Amazon for $51.00 and it is plain like you see.

Make sure if you buy one that you get it "with foam" --because you can order just the case without foam for less $$

This site carries the Pelican line:
http://www.casesbypelican.com/app-1300.htm

That Pelican or TubeCube thing is perfect! Does it come with the foam to fit the modules? Wow! I guess they are catering to the module market? Is the TubeCube 1300 the smallest one? I only have a few modules.

Was it easy to cut or form the foam around the modules?

Back