Monomyth and Cool Kat doing Hendrix fun

phil b

After listening to all the awesomeness from the Trower/Hendrix thread I decided to see if I could get a passable Jimi tone with my Monomyth.

Used my 73 Strat with Area pups (which are a lot like humbuckers), with my small pedalboard and an older Cool Kat vibe. The sustain and gain is all from the amp. No dirt pedals or boost pedals were used. This amp sings for days!! In the room here I think it would be convincing enough to do some justice to Jimi in a live gig. Really surprised how well the vibe jives with the amp!

Good work Phil,
Is this Shea’s new production head?
Thanks! The voicing on this is similar to the production head but I know Shea added more voicing options making it probably more versatile than mine. I would love to hear the production amp in person as I'm sure its gotta be a beast. I like doing these shitty room clips cause its pretty easy to make magic when recorded properly, whereas in the room it is what it is. LOL

You got it!
Thanks Carl. I havent done any Jimi in a long time and after hearing your clips it got me fired up! Your sound and playing was stellar in those.
I think if your going to try and cop Jimi's thing and do it right, or at least close, its a combo of sound AND feel. You got both down in spades.

Back