Monomyth modded origin50

You know it is weird that so many companies were started due to Marshalls unwillingness to hot rod their own amps. I mean I'm thankful cause if they would have done this we wouldnt have some of the awesome flavors we have now. And I dont get why it cost around 3k for a JCM800 reissue in the U.S.

But now that you mention it, them hiring modders to design a range of amps would have been genius. Imagine if they alternated years? Like one year of Monomyth Marshall's, one year of Splawn, one of Friedman, Fortin, whoever. They would rake in the dough

On a side note I will never understand how Peavey went to having several interesting amps like the VTM, JSX, etc to just different sizes of the 6505 and the Invective.

Imho they should have continued down the VTM path with one product line and one product line of 6505 variants.
You know what's crazy is I always wander what would've happened if in 1990 had Marshall hit up Mike Soldano, and contacted Eddie and said "hey, you guys want to design the SLO, but with Eddie's ear to tweak it and slap a Marshall badge on it?". Marshall during that time had the ability to do that, and Eddie at that time was trying to build have his own amps. That's what Peavey practically did. Not to hi-jack the thread, but I feel like if Marshall grabbed an up and coming Modder I.E. Shea at Monomyth or someone else, grabbed a big name Modern guitarist, and said "you talented modder make an amp to this guy's liking exactly, and well slap a Marshall badge on it and sell it. Peavey actually did that with Misha Manshor though LOL.

Yeah man, its true! I'm doing amps full-time now and I've started building, still waiting for some key parts and website should be live very soon.

-Thanks for the origin love everyone, I wanted to post this more for the diy crowd, these amps can do it, and they're cheap which is fun, they're still a lot of work and you need to test circuit continuity, my 50 was slightly different than Jasons 20 in the video, I've sent some of you a Pm, i might have time to do a couple of these.
Amazing...good distraction from the teaser thread but you can't fool all of us! We're still focused on the new amp. Sounds incredible as always bro, keep it up.

Yeah man, its true! I'm doing amps full-time now and I've started building, still waiting for some key parts and website should be live very soon.

-Thanks for the origin love everyone, I wanted to post this more for the diy crowd, these amps can do it, and they're cheap which is fun, they're still a lot of work and you need to test circuit continuity, my 50 was slightly different than Jasons 20 in the video, I've sent some of you a Pm, i might have time to do a couple of these.
Thats awesome. I dont mean to get far off topic of the thread but can you tell us a little about your design. What type of voicing are you going for ?

Amazing...good distraction from the teaser thread but you can't fool all of us! We're still focused on the new amp. Sounds incredible as always bro, keep it up.
❤️❤️❤️ Give me a call soon .
Thats awesome. I dont mean to get far off topic of the thread but can you tell us a little about your design. What type of voicing are you going for ?
It’s going to have everything, all the voicings, dc heaters, 4 stages, everything built by me and managed by me, I’ve got some new voicings that are going to rock the boat. ;)

775F43C5-4C87-469E-A3A4-63FE7B1619C5.jpeg

❤️❤️❤️ Give me a call soon .

It’s going to have everything, all the voicings, dc heaters, 4 stages, everything built by me and managed by me, I’ve got some new voicings that are going to rock the boat. ;)
Sounds cool, can’t wait to hear it! Good luck to you, Shea!

I always thought the SL-X was Marshall’s “modded” Marshall?
Silver Jubilee was the first..the ‘pull Rhythm’ acts like a Jose master; volume drops and the LED diodes are activated. From what I understand anyway. You could also argue the 2205/10 were the first since they came out earlier. But it wasn’t till 87 that they were consistently sounding good.

I can see Marshall wanting to focus on making amps that have flexibility of gain range. Thousands of players use them who don’t play metal. Plus they’ve been doing mondo gain since the DSL’s. It just may not be to your liking (it’s OK but not fantastic). So many high gain amps and modded Marshall’s I’ve tried all lose or never have that amazing mid gain rock sound anymore that Marshall put on the map. Often if you modded your JCM or JMP, that perfect crunchy rhythm tone of the preamp on 5-7 was gone. Either Anemic when the gain was turned down on a modern or modded amp, or tonally off because the stack is setup for the higher gain setting. I have yet to hear a modded 6 knobber sound better than the right pedal pushing the amp. Mods for functionality I get, loops, second master’s etc. I’ve never been satisfied by a gain mod vs. a pedal. But I enjoy playing mostly in the stock, pre 5-7 range, kicking on pedals for the occasional sonic avalanche. I could see someone who wants the high gain tone, all of the time, going down this road.

Last edited:
You know it is weird that so many companies were started due to Marshalls unwillingness to hot rod their own amps. I mean I'm thankful cause if they would have done this we wouldnt have some of the awesome flavors we have now. And I dont get why it cost around 3k for a JCM800 reissue in the U.S.

But now that you mention it, them hiring modders to design a range of amps would have been genius. Imagine if they alternated years? Like one year of Monomyth Marshall's, one year of Splawn, one of Friedman, Fortin, whoever. They would rake in the dough

On a side note I will never understand how Peavey went to having several interesting amps like the VTM, JSX, etc to just different sizes of the 6505 and the Invective.

Imho they should have continued down the VTM path with one product line and one product line of 6505 variants.
Ifeel like peavey has always been a victim of their aesthetics. The xxx with a different look, that would still look good (i.e. 5150); 20-30 years later, would have stomped ass for a long time. I just got a jsx for the first time, and im shocked how much i like it.
but what a gaudy thing. Looks a lot better after i took all the chrome plastic shit off. as far as marshall; the dsl was a pretty solid amp and has held up i believe. Also OP; THAT AMP SOUNDS fucking sick!!

Last edited:
Dave Friedman sayd once the Marshall aesthetics is the way to go, because it is an icon.
I agree with him, and it is a safe ground. Unless you have amazing designs as the Diezel’s ones.

Holy Mary mother of Christ!!!!!!’ That sounds unbelievable!!!

what is that Marshall origin? I have never even heard of that before! Is it all tube?

Back