Monomyth Skeleton Key Playthrough

Yehuda

Here's a playthrough of the Monomyth Skeleton Key- different modes, and both boosts from the Deadweald Duality-

Signal Chain:
Guitar: Kiesel K Series (Bare Knuckle Silo pickups)
Boost: Deadweald Duality
Amp: Monomyth Skeleton Key
Cab: Fryette Fatbottom 4x12 (Fane F70 Speakers)
Mic: Shure Sm7b
Interface: Focusrite Clarett

On the first couple seconds I thought you gonna play Hearbreaker lol

Monomyth never dissapoints 🤘🏻

Is that Megalith Beta in the background btw?

Sounds sick. I’m unsure the differences between the key and my modded vintage modern. I do know with the 5 gain stage I don’t need any boost at all, it’s just insanity.

Sounds sick. I’m unsure the differences between the key and my modded vintage modern. I do know with the 5 gain stage I don’t need any boost at all, it’s just insanity.
not sure tbh- not even my amp- just borrowing from a friend

What Wizard is that in the back?

I've got a SK and considering picking up a Wizard the next time there's a good price on one, but worried they're too similar modded Marshall tones.

I've got a SK and considering picking up a Wizard the next time there's a good price on one, but worried they're too similar modded Marshall tones.
Hell Razor- Wizards are way more bright and cutting and have more low end punch and less compression- definitely sound different

If you’re thinking MC. The wizard is bigger sounding. Less compressed. Monomyth is just pissed off.

I'm surprised you were boosting it. My rig last year was a Duality dx (but rarely used it) with a Skeleton Key into a ksr cab. Using an Atla now but I want to add a ground zero hellion and another Monomyth next year.

I guess I should say I never used the Duality with the Monomyth. Granted I only tune down to B standard at the lowest

I only boost my SK when I'm too lazy to reach around and flip the gain boost on the back. My only complaint is that it's not foot switchable.

To be honest it’s a friends amp that I’m borrowing so I was more exploring a new amp- I usually like boosted stuff but I’d agree this amp doesn’t need one

I'm surprised you were boosting it. My rig last year was a Duality dx (but rarely used it) with a Skeleton Key into a ksr cab. Using an Atla now but I want to add a ground zero hellion and another Monomyth next year.

I don't find a need to boost the Skeleton Key either. To me it's already pretty tight, has enough gain and sounds really aggressive plugged straight in.
I hope you're able to get another Skeleton Key and Hellion in the coming year. Between those 3 amps I don't think there's a Marshall style sound (plus a few extra) that's not covered.

I don't find a need to boost the Skeleton Key either. To me it's already pretty tight, has enough gain and sounds really aggressive plugged straight in.
I hope you're able to get another Skeleton Key and Hellion in the coming year. Between those 3 amps I don't think there's a Marshall style sound (plus a few extra) that's not covered.
Yeah you made me jealous. I'm going to grab a hellion next. Then check to see what Shea has to offer whether it's a Skeleton Key or a new model

Back