Morin modded Marshall- tempo of the damned

VESmedic

Cant believe I haven’t tried to do this one yet. I was just messing around with IR’s, and I thought this caught the vibe for sure. The audio is off in certain parts because apparently I forgot how to edit, oh well, you get the idea. Didn’t have time to go back and already left the house. This is no boost, straight into the amp, both gain pots pulled, both at about 11 o’clock.

IR’s were Josh Middletons. It would be in anyone’s best interest to pick these up if you are into high gain tones, I really can’t speak highly enough of these. The dude has a great ear.

GT 75s for speakers in a Marshall cab, 57/421 mix. Pretty classic sound here, big fan. Virtually no eq, just some pro MB on the low end very slightly. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xvck...-421.wav?rlkey=zcu2y7fi3ve9yfqkjeihsklm0&dl=0

Ruthless but is that the only way to get that sound is using an IR?

I mean, this is kind of a loaded question that has more than one answer really I think. On one hand, the IR/speaker and mic combination Influences, filters, and colors your sound more than just about anything. But on the other hand, you still wouldn’t get this sound without this amp, im pretty positive of it. In fact I’ve kind of tried with other amps I own and other plugins and it’s never been close. So it’s definitely the combination; however if you want to get the closest to this without breaking the bank, getting the IR’s is surely the way to go.

Can I use me VHT 2100-C when using an IR? I think I can easily get this tone with my Langner preamp and VHT combo if I can.

Can I use me VHT 2100-C when using an IR? I think I can easily get this tone with my Langner preamp and VHT combo if I can.

Of course. Just hook up your power amp to a loadbox, or if the 2100 has a line out, into one of the inputs on your interface. Load up whatever input you used in your DAW and load an IR. Done.

Back