Most epic NAD of my life.

marshallmel

So as some of you know my band has had the privilege of playing with Kix a few times over the years. Being from west central Pennsylvania it’s geographically close to Hagerstown which is where Kix got started and a few members still reside.

The shows we played had Bob Paré filling in for Ronnie Younkins so I never got a chance to play shows with him or meet him. That is until today. Took the short trip to Hagerstown and purchased his touring JCM 800 model 2210. Just gone over by Jeff Bober ( Budda Amps ). I will try to get clips up soon, shitty as they may be. Lol

What a super laid back and down to earth guy. We talked for a while and he told some stories from back in the day and we also discussed gear and the local music scene. He was excited to know that the amp would be going back out on the road for gigs in the area. Just a regular guy that loves gear and music and he was just very humble and appreciative. The guy did not have to take time out of his day to meet a turd like me but he did and I couldn’t thank him enough.

IMG_7582.jpeg
IMG_7584.jpeg
View attachment IMG_7574.jpegView attachment IMG_7568.jpeg

Congrats man! I saw this right after it posted and it was all that I could do to not run over there and get it. Being a huge KIX fan it was hard to pass up. Enjoy it brother!

Congrats man! I saw this right after it posted and it was all that I could do to not run over there and get it. Being a huge KIX fan it was hard to pass up. Enjoy it brother!
Apparently it had been for sale for a while. I just saw it Sunday and messaged. Rik called me right away. It was awesome for him to hold it until today for me. Yesterday being Presidents’ Day and all the banks closed. Super stoked to have it.

What a fucking awesome thing to get !
I couldn’t agree more. He explained how he was using it too. His live rig was always this 2210, a 1978 JMP 2204, and two Twin Reverbs. He’d switch to this amp for solos because it was higher gain than the JMP. The knobs are where he had them set. It has to be stupid loud.

congrats op
I did foh sound for kix a few months after Winger played their first USA tour in a small club and I had no idea who they were.
KIX brought out as many ladies to the club as winger did.
the place was packed with 99% young hot poser metal babes.
Needless to say Myself and the monitor mix dude were rolling in HOT fresh aquanet pussy that night
thank you KIX it was a blast

Wow, super big congrats! Those 2205/10s are severely underrated amps; let alone an artist owned one!
I was gonna say the same. I had a 2205 eons ago that was just meh, but then had a 2210 right after that and it was crushing with a boost. Like exodus with an od1. Congrats dude!!

I was gonna say the same. I had a 2205 eons ago that was just meh, but then had a 2210 right after that and it was crushing with a boost. Like exodus with an od1. Congrats dude!!
I fiddled with this one a little tonight. I didn’t move any knobs from where Ronnie had the amp set. He was the master volume high and the channel volume lower to get more power amp distortion. And it was pretty cranked up loud. There’s a bit of a hum that could be a filter cap going. After running for a while it seemed to quiet down a little.

Awesome! Congrats man. I remember your post of the Kix vid!
I posted some live rig pictures as well. The guys are so down to earth and approachable. Plus they do a ton for the local music scene. Check out Maryland Instute of Music. They’re in there and make themselves accessible to folks. Great guys.

Very cool! Kix always had great Marahall rock tones. Have been jamming along to Cold Blood and Blow My Fuse quite a bit lately.

Back