Most overrated amp ever... pick 1!

Am I the only one here who respects dream theaters talent but absolutely cannot listen to them?

Shit is for the most part, absolutely terrible. Some of it I can get in to, but it’s few and far between….but I mean….ya know…….. 2c++++++++ is on it, so let’s talk about it for 47 minutes straight even though the music sucks.

@VESmedic listening to your bass clips in the Morin thread got me thinking. IMO the C+ does suck with tunings below about D standard, it just falls apart. It's in E and Eb where it's so hard to beat. Odd, but that's my experience. If a guy lives in a 7/8 string modern metal world then yeah, I would steer very clear of any vintage Mark. The IV does better here & the V possibly does the best in the Mark lineup at that low chuggy stuff. ...And, a Recto or a 5150 will smoke any Mark down there as will a ton of other modern metal amps that are designed for that register.

It's all about the right tool for the job- just like I love a good Greenback, but not for chuggy metal. If that was all I played I would think they sucked. It's like how IRs have gotten very good for recording but they still sound sterile cranked in the room. It's also like how Fricker's perspective is so tunnel vision on close mic recording high gain tones for mixes, and he refuses to give credence to any other musical angle or perspective- of which there are many. Oh, wait...

@VESmedic listening to your bass clips in the Morin thread got me thinking. IMO the C+ does suck with tunings below about D standard, it just falls apart. It's in E and Eb where it's so hard to beat. Odd, but that's my experience. If a guy lives in a 7/8 string modern metal world then yeah, I would steer very clear of any vintage Mark. The IV does better here & the V possibly does the best in the Mark lineup at that low chuggy stuff. ...And, a Recto or a 5150 will smoke any Mark down there as will a ton of other modern metal amps that are designed for that register.

It's all about the right tool for the job- just like I love a good Greenback, but not for chuggy metal. If that was all I played I would think they sucked. It's like how IRs have gotten very good for recording but they still sound sterile cranked in the room. It's also like how Fricker's perspective is so tunnel vision on close mic recording high gain tones for mixes, and he refuses to give credence to any other musical angle or perspective- of which there are many. Oh, wait...

I don’t think the 2c+ sucks in reality. I think it’s comically overrated, which is what the OP’s thread was about. I think they sound great for leads. The OP started a thread specifically asking peoples opinions on what amps are overrated…I gave my opinion, like everyone else here. Im not sure why the butthurt ensues here on this thing but it’s insanely hillarious at this point. It just proves the point of how insecure people are about their precious amp that they paid 35,000 dollars for. The need for justification and validation is real, that’s for sure. You know how much I care if someone rags on what I like? I don’t, at all. Like a normal person.

I personally don’t think it’s a tuning issue with the amp on what works for it and what doesn’t, but to each his own. I say it everytime, if you like the amp and like playing it and it checks all the boxes for you, more power to ya, that’s what it’s all about. But don’t cry like a whiney 10 year old because someone doesn’t feel your 35,000 dollar amp is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Still waiting on those heavy albums this amp has been on though other than the only 2-3 that have been talked about ad nauseam for justification as the worlds greatest amp ever made.

Back