Most rewarding lick/solo/song?

Jer

What lick/solo/song did you learn that was the most personally rewarding?

Mine was probably the solo to Lucretia by Megadeth. I always loved Marty's parts and I think I spent the better part of a summer really trying to nail it when I was younger. I doubt I'll ever play it that well again but I'm not giving up! :rock:

I suck at guitar, so getting respectably close to any song I enjoy is rewarding. Knocking out the acoustic intro and solo to Tesla Love Song was a motivator for me...

Sweet Jane intro-Lou Reed
Brown Sugar-ZZ Top
Black Fly-ZZ Top (that intro lick and tone still gives me chills)
Day After Day solo-Bad finger (just something about it)

and this at 2:05

i really like the breakdown in the Panama solo, i never listened to VH as a kid/teenager (like a lot of people in Europe) so never learned any VH stuff until i was much older, i love that section with the car revving over the top

Most definitely Crazy Train... Always been a huge Randy fan and when I was able to get that down when I was younger I knew I could learn any solo (... Ya, until I heard Steve Vai play >.>)

It's also most rewarding cause it's the song I play when I audition and can play the best so it's my "impressive" song when I audition

ChadVanHalen":3356w89x said:
Most definitely Crazy Train... Always been a huge Randy fan and when I was able to get that down when I was younger I knew I could learn any solo (... Ya, until I heard Steve Vai play >.>)

It's also most rewarding cause it's the song I play when I audition and can play the best so it's my "impressive" song when I audition
Props:
Any Ozzy/Rhoads song is the right answer for this thread :yes:

Ventura":1hvk7y5q said:
ChadVanHalen":1hvk7y5q said:

Props:
Flashy and famous, a very good solo for any rock/metal guitar player to audition with

I'm gonna go with Gary Moore's Out in the Fields solo. I learned it note for note just to mess with our guitarists at the time. I played bass for a cover band and well...the guy doing the solo just couldn't get it right.

Ya, rewarding it was, and assholish too :LOL: :LOL: .

I have a couple. My 1st guitar lesson ever the guy taught me Refugee by Tom Petty. The fact that I could play a song that was on the radio really motivated me to practice. the next was when I learned Over the Mountain by ear - that fact that I could hear it and slow it down in my brain to figure it out was a really cool discovery. Both those instances really motivated me to keep working.

Ventura":1y6ors08 said:
ChadVanHalen":1y6ors08 said:

Props:

Man... times 3! I am *still* working on my crazy train solo......

quite a few blackmore solo's, smoke on the water, burn, highway star (studio and live both rule).
Clapton Badge (a must learn for any guitarist in my view). If you are not putting blue's in your playing you should to minimize the number of worthless notes played that don't convey any form of melody.

Back