Motor City Pickup question

philb

I ordered a bridge pickup from Motor City Pickups (2nd degree Black Belt) last week.
What's the normal delivery delays?
I sent an email asking this but got no reply.

Phil

Ive ordered from him a few times. Usually about 4-5 week turn around time. He can be slow at times in responding to email. I e been through that as well. Great pickups though.

philb":chagccib said:
I ordered a bridge pickup from Motor City Pickups (2nd degree Black Belt) last week.

How did you order your pickup? I'm trying to order a pair myself, but I can't figure out what the "Add to Cart" on their website is trying to do. It takes me to PayPal, but there's no invoice or anything to pay.

Is there a phone number one can call? (I tried the number 734-535-4590 mentioned in an older post from 2012, but it's no longer in service.)

MississippiMetal":27gpsay9 said:
I've swapped out several models, and I just can't say I was terribly impressed by any of them. :confused:

Guitars, rig, tastes.

This is exactly the statement I would make about bareknuckles. The motor cities are my favorites.

metalsoup":1h4i9fqq said:
philb":1h4i9fqq said:

How did you order your pickup? I'm trying to order a pair myself, but I can't figure out what the "Add to Cart" on their website is trying to do. It takes me to PayPal, but there's no invoice or anything to pay.

Is there a phone number one can call? (I tried the number 734-535-4590 mentioned in an older post from 2012, but it's no longer in service.)
I ordered via the web site. It did redirect me to paypal without any problems.
:confused:

I don't know the phone, have not tried to call. I did get an email form Wade and the delay time is between 2-3 weeks.

Phil

Wade doesn't take calls as readily any more; he knows he is a talker and will stay on the phone for hours, which in turn interrupts his work and gets him behind. He takes a little while, but always delivers. Just try to be patient. I'd say 5 weeks is a good guesstimate.

glassjaw7":mpdm0j5y said:
2nd degree BB with 500K volume pot is the best les paul bucker I've ever played.

I agree!! I have one in my Hertiage 150CM and it rocks. Ordered the Detroiter bridge/T-Rex neck for this guitar and found a used 2nd Degree that I put in before the Detroiter/T-Rex came in. Kept the 2nd Degree in and put the Detroiter off to the side for now.

philb":e9n9nzam said:
metalsoup":e9n9nzam said:
philb":e9n9nzam said:

I don't know the phone, have not tried to call. I did get an email form Wade and the delay time is between 2-3 weeks.

Phil

Wade got back to me and told me what the problem was/is. Apparently, at the present time, on the MCP website the "Add to Cart" link correctly functions for the Single Humbucker option, but not for the Matched Pair of Humbuckers option. This is why you (Phil) were able to order your single pickup, but I couldn't order my matched pair of pickups.

Till the website gets fixed, Wade found a clever work around: If you want a matched pair of humbuckers, simply use the Single Humbucker option and then after the "Add to Cart" link takes you to the PayPal site for making payment, change the quantity from 1 to 2. Note that before clicking on the "Add to Cart" link, you'll want to include the remark "Matched Pair" in the "SPECIAL NOTES" section on the MCP website, so it's obvious you're interested in both a bridge humbucker and a neck humbucker. Works like a charm! :thumbsup:

metalsoup":21u2adsd said:
philb":21u2adsd said:
metalsoup":21u2adsd said:
philb":21u2adsd said:

Phil

Wade got back to me and told me what the problem was/is. Apparently, at the present time, on the MCP website the "Add to Cart" link correctly functions for the Single Humbucker option, but not for the Matched Pair of Humbuckers option. This is why you (Phil) were able to order your single pickup, but I couldn't order my matched pair of pickups.

Till the website gets fixed, Wade found a clever work around: If you want a matched pair of humbuckers, simply use the Single Humbucker option and then after the "Add to Cart" link takes you to the PayPal site for making payment, change the quantity from 1 to 2. Note that before clicking on the "Add to Cart" link, you'll want to include the remark "Matched Pair" in the "SPECIAL NOTES" section on the MCP website, so it's obvious you're interested in both a bridge humbucker and a neck humbucker. Works like a charm! :thumbsup:

Cool! glad you got it working.

glassjaw7":15a6y9qv said:
2nd degree BB with 500K volume pot is the best les paul bucker I've ever played.
It's going into the bridge of my LP so I should be happy :)

metalsoup":2fhz2pqa said:
philb":2fhz2pqa said:
metalsoup":2fhz2pqa said:
philb":2fhz2pqa said:

Phil

And once again wades shitty website causes problems for buyers.

I've been one of many vocally complaining about that site since 2009. It seems it will NEVER change which is a shame as it only hurts business.

Hell because of it I started trying other brands and have at least ten humbuckers I would have gotten from wade it it wasn't so annoying to decide on a pickup and place an order without a personal phone call.

The set of Afwayu's I got last week took a little over two months and the Angel Dust I have on order is at about a month right now.

Metlupass2":3tzqsm78 said:
Ok I'll be the ignorant asshole here....why does it take him weeks to wind some pickups?

He is a one man operation for one. I am fairly sure he has a decent amount of orders to fill? :dunno: :dunno:

Back