Moving Servers

nero

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Happy new year to you all! Most important of all wishes, I hope that you all stay safe and healthy.

Just wanted to let you know that we will be moving the board to new servers in the following weeks. This change should be totally transparent to you, apart from the fact that there will be a few hours downtime (much shorter than when we moved the board to Xenforo). We will try to do this at a moment that would impact as few people as possible and most of you probably won't realized something happened :)

I'll let you know the exact date when it's sorted out with our system admins.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Hi all,

We'll be moving the board to new servers this Wednesday at 09:00 CET. We will try to make the downtime as short as possible but we should expect something between 40mn to 2hours tops in case some problems occur.

For those who don't happen to come in here while we're into maintenance mode, this should be totally transparent.

We are now running the board on the new server. The board was inaccessible for less than an hour.

We're currently investigating an issue with file uploads limited to 1M but apart from that everything is working fine. Please don't hesitate to report any issue in here.

I'll have to do a short maintenance later today, since we're now running a newer version of PHP, I'll need to upgrade the board to the latest version. Should be quick though :)

The board has been updated to the latest version. There was a small downtime a few hours ago during the upgrade but everything should now be running fine. Please let me know if you have any issue.

Thanks Nico.

I ran into the upload-size issue yesterday but simply scaled the image down to fit within the limit.

Earlier today I couldn't copy a quote into a post I was editing. I eventually got there but can't remember how.

Also, and it's happening in the posting window right now as I type, the smilies and all other options along the top row don't show. If I hover the mouse over the area I can find the pop-up "links", but they don't always appear either. Just clicked the smilies "link" and nothing.

The layout issue is now fixed, sorry about that. We're still getting used to the new server :doh:

Although we modified the file upload limit on the server side it was still limited to 2Mb in the board's configuration. It's now set to 25Mb so should be plenty enough :)

About the quote issue, can you be more specific? It was probably due to the layout issues but let me now if it still occurs.

No need to worry now Nico; it was indeed the layout that prevented me from toggling to and from BB code.

Using BB-code "mode" allows me to easily-and-quickly copy / paste / arrange quotes as I see fit. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm used to it, but I have no idea how this can be achieved in the standard mode.

Job well-done as always, mate. Everything seems to be rockin' now. Thank you! :cheers2:

Back