Music Go Round.

duh. its what they base their whole business model off of. never sell anything to a store, no matter how fast you want it gone. if you don't know they're gunna ho you big time, then you were born yesterday.

Think of it this way , why would a dealer pay the same price or more for a used item than what they pay dealer cost for on a new item ?

The margins on this stuff is much smaller than people realize , especially in today's market.

Generally half of dealer cost is what you'll see , some places will be more generous.

Entitled Shitstain
28167.jpg
Exactly

Think of it this way , why would a dealer pay the same price or more for a used item than what they pay dealer cost for on a new item ?

The margins on this stuff is much smaller than people realize , especially in today's market.

Generally half of dealer cost is what you'll see , some places will be more generous.
Todays market where a Marshall Super Lead reissue sells for $3500+ but MGR will give you $700.
Seems fair.

Todays market where a Marshall Super Lead reissue sells for $3500+ but MGR will give you $700.
Seems fair.
Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to go to these stores. You always have the option not to.
If you're so personally offended by this egregious action, why don't you open your own store and do what you feel is right?

This reminds me of when I was eight and got all upset that the guy in the baseball card shop offered me 2 dollars for a card the beckett guide assured me was worth 8. I couldn't believe that guy would stoop so low as to tell an eight year old their baseball card wasn't worth what they thought...

Seems fair.
And this is the one time where you may get what you actually paid for certain items...JCM 800 for example. You paid 1100 for it 2 years ago. They have 2 listed just like yours for 2200. There’s your 1100 back in your pocket. 50% of what they will list it for. Pedals haven’t been jacked like amps, though.

tripler.jpg

Offered them a trade my mint condition w/box $110 Morley Lynch Tripler for their {used} asking $70 MXR Micro Chorus.
They offered me $35 trade value on my Morley which would be about $45 [tax] outta my pocket for their pedal.
They offer about 30% your gears value.
Music Go Round smokes crack.
Dealer price is for a new one is probably no more than $60. Why would they value it at $70?

044f10f042a393c584314471ef21296c.gif

Spoken like a true Republican.
With their offer an extra $25 bucks i could just outright buy their pedal w/o loosing mine LOL.
Im not short on chorus pedals anyway.
Whole thing is absurd but i should go there anyway and tell them to Phuck-off in person as they try to keep a straight face whilst trying to ROB me.
Thats not a "business" its a SCAM.

Gypsies. Never let them in the pawn shop.

If the Morley is worth $110 on the used market, and they’re asking $70 for their pedal...why not just sell the Morley for $110 and buy their pedal for $70?

They have to make a trade that makes sense to them financially, and they also may be assuming a Micro Chorus would be easier to move than the Morley. They’ll be more resistant or offer lower if they think it’s something that will sit in the store for an extended period. Not sure if that factored in, but something to keep in mind.

What’s funny is Samhain is upset that he’s called out for being a fool, yet he is one of the same few morons that give us advice about the world 😂.

I can’t make this shit up 🤣
Why do you think im upset. Not at all.
I said MGR smokes crack, maybe you missed that.
Presume much ?
Nice try with stirring the pot & gang mentality Psycho.
Oh the presuure im about to crack stop please/can't take much more Oooo.
Anyone that would defend Music Go Rounds business practices are as fuck up as they are/thread.
Im going to go the TGP & watch Fatbag play in his bedroom LOL.
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'd say their offer was about as expected - it's good business for them if you accept. Did you counter-offer? They may have had more to give up.

it's like video game exchange. offering pennies on the dollar.
One of the stores has a 68 esquire. they want 8k for it.,
I doubt they game more than 500$ for it.
And when they sell stuff it's not that much cheaper than buying a new one.

BUT... sometimes you can get some pretty good deals. just have to be patient and wait.
but eventually you will find something.

retailers offer 50-65% of the going USED rate.

expecting more is foolish and uninformed to, i dunno, the last decade or so of how retail handles used gear....

Back