music man silhouette special

I played one of these in white I think... it was an all maple neck/board and it had the silent single coil 9v battery system as well, didn't sound bad but the biggest problem I had is my hands are huge and the neck profile felt tiny to me! Everyone I know that has EBMM guitars loves them though, I rarely if ever see any complaints about them, esp the JP model. I don't think you can really go wrong with these guys!

keith2112":2lpxs6kf said:
Thinking about getting an HSS with rosewood board. Who has an opinion on them? thanks

Keith, I've got a few Sil Specials hanging around (two maple board HSS and one rose SSS); I've found pretty much everything is great except for the stock bridge humbucker, which was a bit anemic and bright for my tastes. I will say though that people are really divided in what they like in a bridge humbucker and tastes vary. The singles were very good, the silent circuit works as advertised, trem is very good and returns to tune well, and of course the neck and fit and finish are EB standards. Speaking of the bridge humbucker though, sometime in the mid 2000's, they changed the bridge bucker from a custom wind to a Virtual PAF, so depending on whether you get new or used, it may be a bit different.

danyeo":2f5kn7pu said:
I like the SIlhouettes but i found that every one that i have played was a bit vanilla sounding.

:LOL: :LOL: I guess that means plain? As in, sounds good, but nothing spectacular?

Great guitars...love them! I had a Silo Special and regretfully sold it :(
8wvyht.jpg

but my buddy GrooveHT here has taken care of my EBMM addiction with these two lovely guitars :thumbsup: :rock:
2rddlzr.jpg

14meush.jpg

He's a much bigger EBMM junkie than I am though ;) :D

What are they worth? I have a blue one exactly like toneking's picture and it still has the plastic on the pickguard. I was thinking about selling since I'm trying to raise money for some tax debt (not fun) and I basically bought it because it was a good deal. Played it a little and it sounds and plays ok, but it's just not me.

SeaDog

Back