Musicians Friend Memorial Day Sale is Starting 10 Days Early

srinivassa

Is anybody buying anything?

I can't decide myself. Getting 10-15% off at Musician's Friend is becoming underwhelming. Plus, I don't think I quite have enough dough to pump myself up to the 15% level. I've got more like $500. I don't think I can squeeze $700 out of my finances right now.

I have about 15 pedals in my wish list. For some reason, I just have a disease where I have to buy every booster/overdrive/distortion that has a good rep. I could have a fun memorial day weekend ABing Fat Sandwich, Sparkle Drive, Bad Monkey, Metal Zone.

Also for some reason, I want to get a Vox Night Train. I'd like to have those legendary Vox cleans in a tiny package. Plus, I kinda dig the idea of having a 1-channeler, so I can do all those roll-off tone changes. I have a Jet City disease as well, but I would probably wait for the JCA 22h head to come out.

I have a guitar acquisition disease too. I keep wanting to buy a white Epiphone Les Paul, then replace the pickups. I need another guitar like I need another video game. At some point, I just have to say, "When am I going to have time to play all these?" Still, "Snowflake" will be born someday, it's just a question of when and what pickups. Some evil person started a thread on Blackouts, and I now I can't decide again whether she should be hot passive ceramic, or active blackouts.

Maybe I should just bankroll this money. I totally don't need any of this crap.

general rule of thumb, if you haven't played 10 full songs on it over the past 3 months, or won't, well then......

if you haven't touched something other than to move it or clean under/around it, then you should sell it

but we all know, few of us will rarely stick to that regarding gear!

i'm gonna get some nick nacks, like speakers, strings, pickups, etc.

been waiting for another 15% deal for awhile. seems like they had one every other week when the economy was good, now when things are worse they only have a couple a year?

yeti":191b557g said:
general rule of thumb, if you haven't played 10 full songs on it over the past 3 months, or won't, well then......

if you haven't touched something other than to move it or clean under/around it, then you should sell it

but we all know, few of us will rarely stick to that regarding gear!

I am screwwwwed then. I'm gonna have to hock like 1/3 of my gear. Either that or start a much more rigid rotation. :scared:

Hey guys, I am the guitar dept. mgr at a Guitar Center store.
I can sometimes work around these exclusions, and will always go out of my way to get you the best deal possible.
Hit me up if you ever need anything.

tcrash":3bqpbde6 said:
Hey guys, I am the guitar dept. mgr at a Guitar Center store.
I can sometimes work around these exclusions, and will always go out of my way to get you the best deal possible.
Hit me up if you ever need anything.

What do you mean 'guys?' It's just me in here.

Pretty good sale, all things considered.

I really miss the no payments / no interest card deals that GC used to have. Looks like those are over.

Back