MXR Carbon Copy Bright?

It's warm. The original tone stays untouched but the repeats are warmed up. This is the one pedal that always stays in the chain for me.

guitarobert":1laqg61v said:
It's warm. The original tone stays untouched but the repeats are warmed up. This is the one pedal that always stays in the chain for me.
Are you sure you're talking about the 'Bright' version of the CC? :confused:
You know, this one:
CarbonCopyBrightAnalogDelay-11.png

I have the regular one (dark green/metallic), and that one *is* warm, and the kind of unobtrusive, that you can leave it on a lot of the time, if you keep the Mix below noon.

Amazing pedal, but no, it is not bright.

I would think it would be perfect to put in front of a Marshall if you want that vintage tone.

Unfortunately I'm 'loop challenged' with this amp... :aww:

I run a DL-8 in the loop of my Bogner & Friedman, but trying to show my Marshall some 'delay-love'. For that it's gotta go straight in.

itsme":2dlvaosf said:
Unfortunately I'm 'loop challenged' with this amp... :aww:

I run a DL-8 in the loop of my Bogner & Friedman, but trying to show my Marshall some 'delay-love'. For that it's gotta go straight in.
Sounds like it's time to get a loop mod, or better yet pick up a Fryette Power Station. You could use the Power Station as an attenuator for the Marshall, along with the loop for your delay.

I've heard some good sounds from the original Carbon Copy in front of amps before. I've not heard the Carbon Copy Bright (didn't even know it existed until now...), but I would think the original would pair better with an old Marshall. Just a guess though..who knows.

I'm a fan of the EHX Memory Man for running delay in the front of an amp meself.

The regular Carbon Copy is fine. The Bright one is new and a limited run. I think it answers a question no one was asking.

I've got a few delay pedals in the drawer. The standard CC hasn't left my board for years either. It's a great little pedal.

itsme":3pswenuo said:
Spaceboy":3pswenuo said:
Vapor Trail

This is good in front?
Yes but I've never owned a delay that I could get to sound great in front of an amp. I rarely use loops. It kicked the Carbon Copy from my board because I wanted something that got me closer to that moe prominent DMM feel.

If you use a lot of gain at the amp, no delay is going to sound good in front. The more gain, the lower you have to set the delay (wet) level. You might try running the amp a bit cleaner (doesn't have to be totally clean), and put a dirt pedal in front of the delay.

Slap-back can work well out front, but again, keep the wet level down or it mushes out.

Back