My Biasing Tutorial

311splawndude

I made this a long time ago.
Back at a time when I knew very little about amplifiers and certainly nothing about biasing.
I researched stuff online and forumite PMs. Found lots of great info.
Unfortunately, nothing I found was all inclusive like I wanted.

So I created this tutorial for others that were complete noobs like I was. After researching it, doing it, and writing it out, I no longer felt like a noob.

https://splawnfans.proboards.com/thread/7786/amp-biasing-tutorial

Last edited:
I followed that method and it worked extremely well. I never biased an amp before and that was a great tutorial. One thing I have to say is if you hook it up to your volt meter you will be reading plate voltage in series and not get a good reading. I put one wire from the bias probe to my volt meter and clicked the common wire to my chassis. I folded the other wire up from the bias probe to make sure it didn't touch anything. So this way it takes a reading in parallel.

I followed that method and it worked extremely well. I never biased an amp before and that was a great tutorial. One thing I have to say is if you hook it up to your volt meter you will be reading plate voltage in series and not get a good reading. I put one wire from the bias probe to my volt meter and clicked the common wire to my chassis. I folded the other wire up from the bias probe to make sure it didn't touch anything. So this way it takes a reading in parallel.
OK. Thank you. That is good to know. I didn't even know that was a thing or think about it twice.

PS: I had several amp techs review that tutorial before posting and they must not have caught it either :D

Back