MY DREAM GUITAR ARRIVED TODAY....REALLY

BRENTrocks

I'm sure you find it hard to believe, with all the guitars that pass through my hands....

I'm a HUGE Ace Frehley fan...HUGE!!! He is the reason I started playing guitar. I've met him 3 times over the past 30 years. The last time, which was December 14, 2019, I asked Ace to sign my left shoulder...I had it tattooed in the next morning. Yeah...hardcore.

Anyway...the guitar!!! Its a 1998 Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul Custom. When the 4 original members of KISS reunited back in 1996, Gibson did a limited run of these guitars in conjunction with Ace. There was a CS run of 300, then there were the standard production models....this is a standard production model.

It has all the features of a LP Custom with some added ACE BLING. This particular guitar is 9 lbs, 7oz. The neck is a medium C carve, around .850. Three DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups. Ebony board with special inlays. And an Ace graphic on the headstock.

I had one of these back in 2000. Who knows why, but i ended up selling it. The past few years I had been keeping an eye out to acquire another one of these, but the prices absolutely went through the roof!!! I had kinda given up on even being able to get one of these again. This one came along for a price that was the best i had seen in a long time...so I went for it! Its been played...but I didnt buy it to hang on a wall. It gonna get gigged.

It had been over 20 years since I had had one of these in my hands...I'm a much different guitar player than I was back then. This guitar feels great. The weight isnt too bad. Its sets up really nice..medium/low action. Great sustain. The sound is pure Rock n Roll!!! Its not shrill or ice picky...its just a great rock tone!!! I'm very happy with the sound through my JCM 2000.

IMG_6910 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6911 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6912 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6913 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6914 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6915 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6916 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6917 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6918 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6919 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6920 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6921 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6923 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7055 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0447 (2) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Where's the fuse for the smoke bomb ?
A good friend of mine plays in a KISS tribute band. And he took a epiphone and rigged it up for the smoke bomb, that absolutely trashes your guitar! You have to clean it after every time you use it, and it trashes the pots. It trashes the switches and the toggle’s and everything! The reason I know this is because I was his Guitar Tech for the last show. Lol.

Not one of my favorite colors but man does it look good as a complete AF packaged guitar. The whole thing flows, awesome. Almost the clownburst feel but the color transition is perfect and the flame is beautiful. No 🤡 here

Freaking Sweet!! I was a Kiss fan growing up in the 70’s and still love the old stuff. ACE was always my favorite. They came through my area in the 70’s 1to 2 times per year. Me and my friends made all the shows.

Killer guitar! Was Ace cool when you met him? “They” always say not to meet your heroes. I hope Ace was the exception
The first time I met him in 93, he was super cool! He was still drinking too. We waited for him after soubdcheck at HARPOS in Detroit.

Second time, same place, 2 years later. Same situation. But he was not in a good mood…but we were told by one of his roadies that his uncle had died that day.

Last time. I splurged for the VIP backstage ticket. He was playing THE TOLKEN LOUNGE near Detroit. The place WAS PACKED!! Elbow to elbow!!! Ace was very cool. You could tell he was really tired. He acted like he was wore out.

I’m glad I did the VIP on the 2019 tour, because he DOUBLED THE COST of the VIP EXPERIENCE for his next leg of the tour!!!

Back