My Herbert midi-board-effect solution

headown

Today I tried that Rolls MP80 board that I got cheap from ebay.
No problems with phantom power, no midi problems, just great.
I was thinking a lot about getting a Multi FX, but I have a better solution.
I just use my Silvermachine Wah + my Boss Tuner in front of the Herbert
and my Boss Chorus Pedal in the midi-loop.
I think I don´t really use that much sounds.
I have the sounds doubled at the midi board, so I have:
0+1 clean
2+3 clean+chorus
4+5 Channel2
6+7 Channel 3 (lead)

I think that´s cool, because it´s hard to miss the right pedal live, even I you have some beers (or Wodkas :D )
I just wanted to let you know.
I´m very happy with that now and saved a lot of money.
Also I sold my ISP and will sell my BBE :rock:
I love this amp !!! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Sascha

Nice and easy setup (klein, aber fein :D )

I also don't use that much effects, but I'm thinking about selling my leftover stompboxes and grab a used G-Major for the money, since it's now all midi with the VH4 and I can control everything so nicely and I'll have of course options if I really have the need for more spaced-out sounds. Me always like to have options :D

Greetz,
kickapoo

I just remembered the time, when I was playing an amp-rack and had thousands of space sounds etc...
I never really used them with the band, just to play arround.
I only really need a wah, and some chorus on the clean for extra FX...
It´s simple, but effective :thumbsup:

headown":10dgcffj said:
I just remembered the time, when I was playing an amp-rack and had thousands of space sounds etc...
I never really used them with the band, just to play arround.
I only really need a wah, and some chorus on the clean for extra FX...
It´s simple, but effective :thumbsup:

Yeah, same here, a little chorus for the clean parts. And maybe a little delay for the solos, but honestly, before I read about that in forums, it would have never crossed my mind to use a delay in soloing :LOL: :LOL: All I hear is the rant about how it adds fine nuances and thickens the sound....well, in my experence it's nice, but without it, I guess I wouldn't really miss it much.... :)

We also do some covers of Incubus and their guitar guy uses some heavy modulation here and then in some clean parts (check out 'Nice to know you' or 'The Warmth').

Of course, WahWah! I like my Mark Tremonti Wah very much, because it activates as soon as you move the pedal and also deactivates when you release it (it's pulled back by a spring-mechanism or something like that). Anyway, with this pedal I absolutely love to just punch it in for very short 'punctuations' or 'bursts' (even in rhythm parts), which wouldn't be that easy with a classic wah, that has to be activated first by a switch or pressing it down first to engage it and again to disengage.

Regarding the money, well, let's just say that my EHX Small Clone Chorus and Digitech Digital Delay stompboxes were more expensive (ok, bought them new) than a used G-Major.....

Greetz,
kickapoo

You really should try the automagic silvermachine.
It´s a "touchwah" with a vintage and a modern mode and tons of different sounds that you can change.
You would love it !!! I had so many, from vintage wahs to the crybaby from hell...

I owned once a Bad Horsie II.
Didn´t like it at all. It was to noisy and there is no "whoackachakka" with the cleans. So i returned to Dunlop and bought myself a Zakk Wylde wah. I only turned the pot to max highs and now it´s the best wah i ever heard.
Once i compared it with a rmc, the ZW won.

headown":ln66o7vy said:
You really should try the automagic silvermachine.
It´s a "touchwah" with a vintage and a modern mode and tons of different sounds that you can change.
You would love it !!! I had so many, from vintage wahs to the crybaby from hell...

Sounds really interesting, but it's quite expensive :aww:

Well, it's not a top priority right now, maybe one day I'll find a good deal for this Silvermachine :)

First I have to get my VH4 on Friday :inlove:

Back