My New Marshall SV20H rig setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guy
  • Start date Start date
Guy

Guy

Member
I have a new Marshall SV20H using 5W (very loud) Gibson Les Paul into a Wah from Hell, - Tuner - Boss EQ - Big Muff - Tube Screamer 808 - SV20H - 4X12 cabinet use to be Ronnie Montrose’s cab he toured with in GAMMA. Oh, I almost forgot running through a THD Power Soak -12db for bedroom volume. Everything sounds great!! I’ve read that a Tube Screamer should be in front of s Big Muff but this sounds great the other way around! This is my first post looking for a response to my setup! Thanks!
 
My Rig
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
Welcome to R-T and HNSV20D :cheers:

Love me some Montrose :yes:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Guy
I have a new Marshall SV20H using 5W (very loud) Gibson Les Paul into a Wah from Hell, - Tuner - Boss EQ - Big Muff - Tube Screamer 808 - SV20H - 4X12 cabinet use to be Ronnie Montrose’s cab he toured with in GAMMA. Oh, I almost forgot running through a THD Power Soak -12db for bedroom volume. Everything sounds great!! I’ve read that a Tube Screamer should be in front of s Big Muff but this sounds great the other way around! This is my first post looking for a response to my setup! Thanks!
rad rig and welcome🫡
 
Ronnie Montrose was my friend and it was cool to hang out with him! He gave me lots of music equipment from his studio, well, old stuff anyways! HA!

Did Ronnie ever talk about the rig from the first album? Loaded down Bandmaster fed into another amp or something like that?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Guy
Dig that small pedalboard, I recently did up a second board with only a few pedals and I love it ! Those small plexis aound great. Not as full as the big daddy but a very smart move of marshall to release those. Hotplates sound good knocking off a few Db's as well.
 
He got the bandmaster cheap at a yard sale. He yelled at me to play his guitar and I had to tell him I’m a lead singer! He made me sing to a jam blues in A and he liked my voice!
 
Back
Top