My new Suhr and my Eggy rack in progress

Fatang

Incoming on Monday!!
3064211630_114d92268d.jpg
3064211810_574d9da452.jpg
3064211748_0b3cb41d86.jpg

Specs:
-Chambered Alder body
-Swamp ash top (trans lt gray with scraped binding)
-Maple C-Neck, Huge, over rolled edges, Pau Ferro FB, Jumbo Frets
-Hybrid headstock with laser logo
-Anderson M3, Suhr V60LP, Suhr DSV+ with coil split
-300k vol, 1mg tone with .033 Orange drop
-Gotoh 510 solid saddles

The customer service and attentiveness at the shop is as good as everyone says, being in the industry my standards are high and they were exceeded. All my tweek and indecisiveness was kind of encouraged, which is totally refreshing. The short wait time was a much appreciated favor that I give big public thanks for.

The rack
3063535295_b56fe8d576.jpg

Still a work in progress but I think it's far enough along to share without shame.

Signal path goes:
Rocktron Loop 8> AxeFX Ultra (Egnater in loop) > RT2/50 > NAU cab with Warehouse CL80s

The Egnater has: KH-1, Turley modded JTM, EG5, Bruce & Hilly modded EG4

3064373600_59866a1e41.jpg

Shelf includes (clockwise:) MidFi Pitch Pirate, Memphis Bi-Oct, 4ms Atoner, ADL Juicebox, Ibanez Xtra LoFi, Lovepedal COT50, RI Mayer Octavia

The pedals are in a state of flux. Waiting on an EP-3 and debating taking the Octavia off. The Axe is pretty close on the Oct and that gives me space to add something it doesn't do(yet)

I'll have some time to work on it over the long weekend pining for my new guitar.

Clips soon!

Robert

Is that a new headstock design for all the Suhr guitars or just for that one model.

Cool rig too man, that is rockin.

3 Mile Stone":2n9sn5ib said:
Is that a new headstock design for all the Suhr guitars or just for that one model.

Cool rig too man, that is rockin.

It is a available as a custom order ;)

Thanks John, that's a cool option, it lends a more subdued classic vibe for ... well ... more experienced (old guys) players like me. I love your stuff, I have your pickups in two of my guitars. That's an accomplishment as I have only used TomA pickups for the las 12 - 15 years now. Nice to have you around.

guitarslinger":1d8wkv8k said:
damn, Robert, we're gonna have to hang out one of these days.

Fort Fun FTW :rock:

Sounds good to me Gene, hit me up next time you come in (or PM) and we'll exchange info. :thumbsup:

Robert

guitarslinger":1stqrr0q said:
damn, Robert, we're gonna have to hang out one of these days.

Fort Fun FTW :rock:

P1010098.jpg

nice set up. i had a whole ADA rack and sold it all early this year on evil bay and made a mint. i was even buying ada stuff and selling it 6 months later for 2-4 times what i paid. I put it all back into 1 deluxe 08,1 standard strat08,1 '61 reissue08 LP and 1 natural maple flame 08 LP ,2 rt2/50 and an Egnater M4 along with some high end pedals and gcx/pro switching system. ADA was some great kick ass stuff way ahead of there time. I would like to see them come back,but then again i have enough stuff on my list.

Fatang":qnnyj2sm said:
Holdsworth lead tone interpretation.

Wow, I want it too! What kind of Holdsworth tone-era does it interpret? I.O.U., Secrets, or something newer?

Does anyone want to sell a single channel EG4 for me? :) I guess this cannot be done to EG3/4 without altering the tone EG3-channel that I love. Am I right?

Robert, looks great! Congrats man! The Suhr +Eggy combo is as good as it gets. Im totally with you on that one!

Also, love the new headstock. I wonder... does it come reverse?

Robert,
That Suhr looks great, like the specs on it. How long did it take to get?
Just got my Suhr last month and it sounds great with the EGGY!

Perttu":3atmbmfw said:
Fatang":3atmbmfw said:
Holdsworth lead tone interpretation.

Wow, I want it too! What kind of Holdsworth tone-era does it interpret? I.O.U., Secrets, or something newer?

To my ears its more Secrets, Wardencliff Towers. For sure the Boogie era.

Doubleneck":3atmbmfw said:
Robert,
That Suhr looks great, like the specs on it. How long did it take to get?
Just got my Suhr last month and it sounds great with the EGGY!

Thanks, I got a favor and it was shorter than average. Standard wait is about 6 months

RockStarNick":3atmbmfw said:
How does that neck mini-hum sound?

It kills! I like P90s in the neck position but didn't want to deal with hum. The Anderson keeps up with the DSV+ and rolled off its a great jazz tone.

EWSEthan":3atmbmfw said:
Robert, looks great! Congrats man! The Suhr +Eggy combo is as good as it gets. Im totally with you on that one!

Also, love the new headstock. I wonder... does it come reverse?

Thanks bro, I'm loving it. I'm tweaking my Tyler so I see a cage match coming :gethim: As far as the reverse...I'm sure Ed and John will consider it :D

Robert

Back