My son playing Cameron Old Bitch #01 & Knaggs Kenai #407

fretmaster

My 16 year old son, Josh ripping on one of my Knaggs Kenai's. The amp, Cameron Old Bitch serial #01. The cab, 1973 Marshall checkerboard 4x12. The video was done using my Samsung Note so the sound quality is not great, which I apologize for, but I couldn't pass up a rare chance to catch my boy ripping on one of my rigs. We have very different tastes in music and gear, but he really loves my Knaggs Kenai's and Cameron amps.

:thumbsup: Def not my style of music either but damn do I admire the technical prowess. You're blessed pops. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! I am very proud of him and he's very humble about his ability at such a young age. Thanks again!

MrDowntown":f7bdfpr6 said:
mooncobra":f7bdfpr6 said:
how did you guys see this, there is no clip, vid, or link to one????

Hey Moon. Something may be wrong with your mobile device. I was able to see and access the clip he embedded. But I've copied the link and embed below.

Link: https://youtu.be/npAapsjPmAU

thanks! I closed internet explorer and reopened and I could see it. cool playing, he is good!

FourT6and2":3jovyon4 said:
He can rip!

What speakers in that cab?

There's a long (and "kinda" funny) story behind that cab. The cab is a circa 1973 and sounded fantastic when I tested it. I negotiated what I thought was a great deal and bought it on the spot. I and several guitar player friends played through it in the following week or so and we were thoroughly amazed at how good it sounded with everything we plugged into it. After about a week I decided to open her up to see what speakers were in it. Much to all of our surprise someone had ripped off the original speakers (probably G12M's) and put in early G12T-75's. The guy I purchased the cab from had owned it for over 20 years. He swears he didn't change the speakers or even ever opened the cab. The speakers date to the late 80's so he's probably telling the truth. But the funny thing is, I have never liked T75's or so I thought! Yet I purchased the cab purely based on it's killer sound and what a surprise it turned out to be. I got a great deal on the cab and it is a circa 73' cabinet and it sounds fantastic so I never pushed subject after that. The funny thing is, I probably would have never even given the cab a listen had I known at the time it had G12T's in it, but what a lesson it turned out to be for me and what a mistake that would have been. A very serendipitous turn of events for sure, as it is one of my favorite cabs to this day. That cab taught me that far more of the tone comes from the cabinet than I had ever imagined. And it taught me that in the right cab those early G12T-75's are hard to beat for rock and roll! I have Bruno, Mojave, Bogner and Cameron 4x12's with a variety of G12H30's, G12M25's, Vintage 30's and Alnico Blues setting right next it and as you saw, I was plugged into the Marshall with G12T-75's! Go figure... LOL

Here's the cab with my other Knaggs and one of my all time favorite heads!

Knagg%20Friedman%20Marshall_zps96mgpcdj.jpg

fretmaster":21v9u39p said:
FourT6and2":21v9u39p said:
He can rip!

What speakers in that cab?

There's a long (and "kinda" funny) story behind that cab. The cab is a circa 1973 and sounded fantastic when I tested it. I negotiated what I thought was a great deal and bought it on the spot. I and several guitar player friends played through it in the following week or so and we were thoroughly amazed at how good it sounded with everything we plugged into it. After about a week I decided to open her up to see what speakers were in it. Much to all of our surprise someone had ripped off the original speakers (probably G12M's) and put in early G12T-75's. The guy I purchased the cab from had owned it for over 20 years. He swears he didn't change the speakers or even ever opened the cab. The speakers date to the late 80's so he's probably telling the truth. But the funny thing is, I have never liked T75's or so I thought! Yet I purchased the cab purely based on it's killer sound and what a surprise it turned out to be. I got a great deal on the cab and it is a circa 73' cabinet and it sounds fantastic so I never pushed subject after that. The funny thing is, I probably would have never even given the cab a listen had I known at the time it had G12T's in it, but what a lesson it turned out to be for me and what a mistake that would have been. A very serendipitous turn of events for sure, as it is one of my favorite cabs to this day. That cab taught me that far more of the tone comes from the cabinet than I had ever imagined. And it taught me that in the right cab those early G12T-75's are hard to beat for rock and roll! I have Bruno, Mojave, Bogner and Cameron 4x12's with a variety of G12H30's, G12M25's, Vintage 30's and Alnico Blues setting right next it and as you saw, I was plugged into the Marshall with G12T-75's! Go figure... LOL

Here's the cab with my other Knaggs and one of my all time favorite heads!

Knagg%20Friedman%20Marshall_zps96mgpcdj.jpg
Your son does a great job! I tell my son he's got more talent than I ever had. He plays a similar style too. Funny you mention that about the cab....I just scored an early 800 cab with vented 75s. Sounds like a high powered greenback cab, these date to'85 and have vents on the back. Sweet sounding cab, 75s can be killer if they are the early versions.

Back