My Sterling 157 with Birdseye

GuitarGuy08

Hello all!

Just thought I'd share something I thought was neat. I have a JP157. Not that special in itself but I have 1 of only 2 made that have a roasted Birdseye board. The paint is also more suited to match the MM variant over the Sterling. I actually spoke with a guy who worked with Sterling on my guitar. Said he thinks they mixed up the spec sheet or something but there were only 2 made like it. I got it from DuBaldo a few years ago and it is an absolute beast!! DiMarzio illuminators installed. All the others I have seen, including the other 1 with a Birdseye board, are not quite as blue as this. Also, this has more of a flamed top instead of quilt, so basically one of a kind. Wild. Got a crazy deal on it too. Sometimes, you get lucky.
IMG_20230912_172238547.jpg

Yikes what a beautiful guitar. I LOVE that shade of blue on a maple top!View attachment 247112
Thanks! No filter or anything on this pic, just natural light hitting it. It really shines when polished and I'm super happy with it. I think I got it for about $500 too!!! So crazy. I am truly a blessed man. The blue in this is really striking and the top has a lot of depth. Sterling nailed it on this one for sure.

Back