my three least favorite pieces of gear in one clip!!!

RaceU4her

Les Paul
6505+ crunch
Greenback

im here hanging with jose quervo on this rainy day and came up with the wonderful idea to record a clip of the gear i like the least, spent all of about 18 minutes total recording and mixing cause i couldnt take it anymore but figured id share anyway 🙃

guitars

So if they were your only three pieces of gear would they be your favorite pieces of gear? I think I can help you with this but I can't play the clips cause the ol' lady is busy yakking away to her sister. When dudes were posting Wizard and vintage Plexi clips somehow I had a legit excuse to her but she ain't gonna go for the Peavey right now so I'll check it when I can.

So if they were your only three pieces of gear would they be your favorite pieces of gear? I think I can help you with this but I can't play the clips cause the ol' lady is busy yakking away to her sister. When dudes were posting Wizard and vintage Plexi clips somehow I had a legit excuse to her but she ain't gonna go for the Peavey right now so I'll check it when I can.

i could adapt, its really more a feel thing with both the LP and 6505+, neither of them are a good fit for me but if its all i had i could adapt, and i would just eq everything different with the greenbacks, they just have that weird top end i can clearly hear in this clip i just dont really dig

Not a big 6505 fan but it doesn't surprise me that it's an LP

they always seem to record better than anything else with humbuggies

i could adapt, its really more a feel thing with both the LP and 6505+, neither of them are a good fit for me but if its all i had i could adapt, and i would just eq everything different with the greenbacks, they just have that weird top end i can clearly hear in this clip i just dont really dig
I listened to the clips, it sounds pretty damn good. You're gear spoiled my man I ain't even got a genuine LP. Bonus points for it being the only Soundgarden song I ever cared for. What pickups are in your Paul?

How did you get a Les Paul to stay In tune for a whole 40 seconds? ;)

muppets opera guys bobbing heads.gif

Sounds great to me. 57?

this was my Soyuz Bomblet (y)

Just listening on the old phone real quick but dammit I like this. You don’t really miss man. It’s about the player far more so than the gear (as I go check reverb for another amp)

thanks, i played this one way too tight though listening back, gotta turn the loose knob up next time lol.

You should record clips with this hard setup more often!

i dont hate it as much today, the greenbacks to me always sound like they have a bad head cold or something with that raspy and nasally thing, with some work though maybe they could be ok

I listened to the clips, it sounds pretty damn good. You're gear spoiled my man I ain't even got a genuine LP. Bonus points for it being the only Soundgarden song I ever cared for. What pickups are in your Paul?

i think its a good song to show an amps character with the palm mutes and single notes, super easy to play too. pickups are wagner icebuckers

Sounds good. How did you get a Les Paul to stay In tune for a whole 40 seconds? ;)

with this thing its more how did my fretting hand not cramp up or get any string noise which i for the life of me cant figure how to stop with this guitar for 40 seconds lol, its literally the most uncomfortable guitar ive ever played. it bums me out cause i really want to love the thing like the rest of the world loves les pauls but its just not happening. it does sound good though

Sounds rad!

What is it about Les Pauls you don't care for because I'm in the same boat. Is it the neck? Is it the body? Is it the bridge? Is the the bridge and neck in conjunction with the body or something else altogether.

Sounds rad!

What is it about Les Pauls you don't care for because I'm in the same boat. Is it the neck? Is it the body? Is it the bridge? Is the the bridge and neck in conjunction with the body or something else altogether.

It’s gotta be the neck, it just dosent work with my gimp half of a fretting hand, the whole guitar just feels clunky and slow, and the string noise I can’t deal with. Maybe at some point I’ll have the neck shaved down or something like Jimmy page did

It’s gotta be the neck, it just dosent work with my gimp half of a fretting hand, the whole guitar just feels clunky and slow, and the string noise I can’t deal with. Maybe at some point I’ll have the neck shaved down or something like Jimmy page did
I learned how to play on a super strat which I got in early 1985 and still own. I got my first LP copy about 6 years ago and while I love the way it looks and sounds, it feels like a clunky old piece of furniture. So, pretty much in the same boat as you guys.

Back