NAD: 2019 Uberschall ***(updated with CLIP)***

LunatiBSW

It feels great to be back in the Bogner camp.
I started my boutique journey with a twin jet many years back.
Actually had (2), loved them, only sold to try other stuff.
I know we all are guilty of that.
Had a ton of amps since: Wizards, mesas, fryettes, Friedman’s, Diezel, Fortin, various modded Marshall’s, etc......All great amps.
This uberschall feels like home, prob cause I got so used to it in the beginning.
I like it with a little boost out front, it just SLAYS.

It also seems they improved the Fx loop since the older ones I had?

Obligatory clip :rock:

Sounds the best on these two cabs:

eyUQX4Hl.jpg

EDKH3Lzl.jpg

Looks killer man!! I would love to try an Uberschall again, my first go with one wasn't the best but I've learned a lot since then. haha.

In your experience, how does the Twin Jet compare to the Rev Blue?

I spent a few days with the Rev Blue, really loved the voicing but did not like the low end on the amp at all. It just didn't react in a way that was pleasing to me. I've heard the TJ is tighter and more immediate, which is more my speed, but have never played one.

Nice, very nice.

I love the uberschall, ive been playing them since 2004, it was the first amp i truely loved, i always have one on hand, i owned 5 of them and i would sell it and then a few months later want another one and i did that a bunch of times till i finally realized its always a amp im gonna go back to, and i stopped buying and selling them, this last uber i bought has been with me about 7 yrs now and im not selling it, theres certain amps that u sell and always go back to, its a one trick pony but for me its great. I play mine boosted most of the time, yesterday i was thinking about retubing it and give it some fresh life.

cardinal":1za9e1oq said:
Awesome! Sometimes what works best for us has been staring us in the face all along.

Hahah no kidding :doh: :doh:
Apex1Rg7X":1za9e1oq said:
Looks killer man!! I would love to try an Uberschall again, my first go with one wasn't the best but I've learned a lot since then. haha.

Thanks dude! I’ve learned a lot since my first go. This is actually my first rev blue. Love it!

Bad.Seed":1za9e1oq said:
In your experience, how does the Twin Jet compare to the Rev Blue?

I spent a few days with the Rev Blue, really loved the voicing but did not like the low end on the amp at all. It just didn't react in a way that was pleasing to me. I've heard the TJ is tighter and more immediate, which is more my speed, but have never played one.

Honestly, I play fast and really tight, the Uber sounds best with its FL uberkab.
The FL really helps keep things punchy and tight. I also boost it.
I thought it would be loser than my recto. It’s darker, but super tight still.
The lowend is bigger and less immediate through the RL Friedman cab.
The TJ is a little sharper and has a little more vocal quality to it. Just more eq options. Not as thick though. This is my first rev blue, so I wanted to give it a go.
They def have a lot of weight when playing. So the right cab helps a ton.
I think these new ones may be a little improved also. Don’t quote me on it.

There pretty similar at the end of the day.
I like the Uber better than the Herbert honestly.

LunatiBSW":vg3ywkdc said:
Honestly, I play fast and really tight, the Uber sounds best with its FL uberkab.
The FL really helps keep things punchy and tight. I also boost it.
I thought it would be loser than my recto. It’s darker, but super tight still.
The lowend is bigger and less immediate through the RL Friedman cab.
The TJ is a little sharper and has a little more vocal quality to it. Just more eq options. Not as thick though. This is my first rev blue, so I wanted to give it a go.
They def have a lot of weight when playing. So the right cab helps a ton.
I think these new ones may be a little improved also. Don’t quote me on it.

There pretty similar at the end of the day.
I like the Uber better than the Herbert honestly.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't find the Rev Blue loose when I was demoing it, I just didn't care for how the low end reacted. Hard to put into words, but the Uber had a roundness to the low end that I just didn't love. Playing it next to the Herbert or VHT D60, it just didn't have the immediacy or percussiveness that those amps did.

I still want another go at one, because I really did like the overall voicing of the amp.

Congrats on the new loudbox

Les Zombie":3py5c2di said:
Nice, very nice.

I love the uberschall, ive been playing them since 2004, it was the first amp i truely loved, i always have one on hand, i owned 5 of them and i would sell it and then a few months later want another one and i did that a bunch of times till i finally realized its always a amp im gonna go back to, and i stopped buying and selling them, this last uber i bought has been with me about 7 yrs now and im not selling it, theres certain amps that u sell and always go back to, its a one trick pony but for me its great. I play mine boosted most of the time, yesterday i was thinking about retubing it and give it some fresh life.

That’s when I graduated high school haha.
You’ve been a Uber fan for a while!
I had a line 6 spider 210 and a boss metal zone back then. Lmao.
It is a badass one trick pony. The loop is awesome on this new one. Better than the others I’ve had.
Clean is nice too. I dig it. The gain channels is monstrous though.

psychodave":6dv1hlpi said:
Great to hear.

I really like my Rev2 Uber. It just crushes.

:rock: Yes it does. Haven’t gotten to try the older one yet.
I’m super happy with this new one though.

LunatiBSW":2ksgkitu said:
Les Zombie":2ksgkitu said:
Nice, very nice.

It is a badass one trick pony. The loop is awesome on this new one. Better than the others I’ve had.

For a while the uber rev blue and uberkab was my main rig for playing live, but i never was happy with the cleans and in the songs we was playing i needed a better clean ch and after a while i switched things up and played other amps like rectos and splawns but didnt like the cleans either, then used my herbert which had nice cleans but didnt sit in the mix very good, and not long after that we stopped playing live, and of all the amps i played during that time, i loved the uber high gain tones the most. I played my uber today when i got home from work, its a badass sounding amp, it will always be one of my fav amps for metal tones.

I had a twin jet and hated it, i had it for a month side by side with my uber rev blue, and never could truely find a tone i loved with the tj.

Awesome! Congrats on the new amp. I’ve been through several Uberschalls over the years as well. Never seem to keep them.

Congrats!! Uberschall's are killer amps, i also prefer them slightly boosted. They have some chewiness in the feel that i like a lot.

For power tubes, i really liked the JJ KT77's in rev blue and EH 6CA7 in rev 2.

Congrats man! I liked the Rev blue I had a lot, but in the end it was just a bit too smooth/compressed. Awesome none the less. I threw JJ KT77s and all chinese 12aX7s in it and liked it much better than the EL34s and jj preamps it came with.

mhenson42":2pr9ahmm said:
Awesome! Congrats on the new amp. I’ve been through several Uberschalls over the years as well. Never seem to keep them.

Lmao I wonder why

Metal1977":2pr9ahmm said:
Congrats!! Uberschall's are killer amps, i also prefer them slightly boosted. They have some chewiness in the feel that i like a lot.

I know exactly what you mean about the chewiness. It’s addicting!
These tubes are new, but when the time comes I’ll try kt77 next! Thanks!

MetalHeadMike":2pr9ahmm said:
Congrats man! I liked the Rev blue I had a lot, but in the end it was just a bit too smooth/compressed. Awesome none the less. I threw JJ KT77s and all chinese 12aX7s in it and liked it much better than the EL34s and jj preamps it came with.

Thanks Mike! The Uber is a darker amp amp that has some compression, but smooth??? I think that may a tribute to your RL greenback cab.
I could never get the focus, tightness, or projection I needed, out of modern amps, with greenbacks.
To me greenbacks only sounded the best with Marshall’s or Marshall types with lots of high mids and highs. Or like an amp like the wizard. The mcII needed a greenback type speaker to sound its best.
My More modern cabs made the mcii highs piercing, and made the amp harsher/ more brittle.
The MTL has way more punch/girth than the mcII, and did better with modern and vintage cabs, TBH.
Greenbacks sounded way to smooth and smeared with modern type amps, that had more lowend and low mids.... ala rectos, Uber’s, etc....
This newer Uber boosted through the FL cabs (with v30’s or v30’s mixed) sounds really brutal, aggressive, dark, and evil. Took me lots of cabs and heads in the same room to come to this realization. It does a certain type of metal for me perfectly.
When I want my super sharp Marshally tones, I reach for my fortin.

LunatiBSW":jv3ktr55 said:
mhenson42":jv3ktr55 said:

Lmao I wonder why

Metal1977":jv3ktr55 said:

MetalHeadMike":jv3ktr55 said:

Thanks Mike! The Uber is a darker amp amp that has some compression, but smooth??? I think that may a tribute to your RL greenback cab.
I could never get the focus, tightness, or projection I needed, out of modern amps, with greenbacks.
To me greenbacks only sounded the best with Marshall’s or Marshall types with lots of high mids and highs. Or like an amp like the wizard. The mcII needed a greenback type speaker to sound its best.
My More modern cabs made the mcii highs piercing, and made the amp harsher/ more brittle.
The MTL has way more punch/girth than the mcII, and did better with modern and vintage cabs, TBH.
Greenbacks sounded way to smooth and smeared with modern type amps, that had more lowend and low mids.... ala rectos, Uber’s, etc....
This newer Uber boosted through the FL cabs (with v30’s or v30’s mixed) sounds really brutal, aggressive, dark, and evil.
Took me lots of cabs and heads in the same room to come to this realization.
It does a certain type of metal for me perfectly.

Don't get me wrong as I feel it's definitely an aggressive/evil tone and I liked it a lot, but I felt it was smooth/compressed. I also played it through my K100 cab and through a V30 loaded Randall a bit also. Still had a smooth tone compared to amps like the Wizard, D60, MW Recto, KSR Ares, Splawn QR etc.

MetalHeadMike":kqnubtss said:
LunatiBSW":kqnubtss said:
mhenson42":kqnubtss said:

Lmao I wonder why

Metal1977":kqnubtss said:

MetalHeadMike":kqnubtss said:

This newer Uber boosted through the FL cabs (with v30’s or v30’s mixed) sounds really brutal, aggressive, dark, and evil.

Don't get me wrong as I feel it's definitely an aggressive/evil tone and I liked it a lot, but I felt it was smooth/compressed. I also played it through my K100 cab and through a V30 loaded Randall a bit also. Still had a smooth tone compared to amps like the Wizard, D60, MW Recto, KSR Ares, Splawn QR etc.

Played/owned all those amps. No offense, but a RL cab and front load cab with v30’s sounds quite diff.
K100’s to me only sound good In FL also. I get what your saying. But you have to account for variables my friend... and the fact that I’ve had all those heads back to back with all the different cabs/speakers in the same room, for a while.
Everybody uses diff adj differently. I wouldn’t say the Uber in my setup is smooth, Is what I’m trying to say in the end.
Anywho. I know you love the mcII. So I know where you’re coming from.
I’ve learned it takes a few different amps to hit all my moods of playing, so I’m cool having many different shades of metal, through various amps.

LunatiBSW":2g1e758z said:
MetalHeadMike":2g1e758z said:
LunatiBSW":2g1e758z said:
mhenson42":2g1e758z said:

Lmao I wonder why

Metal1977":2g1e758z said:

MetalHeadMike":2g1e758z said:

Played all those amps too. No offense, but a RL cab and front load cab with v30’s sounds quite diff.
K100’s to me only sound good In FL also. I get what your saying. But you have to account for variables my friend... and the fact that I’ve had all those heads back to back with all the different cabs in the same room, same time.
Anywho. I know you love the mcII. So I know where you’re coming from.
I’ve learned it takes a few different amps to hit all my moods of playing, so I’m cool having many different shades of metal.

None taken. The Randall was a FL cab and I did like the Uber through it most. All subjective and one person's smooth is another's gritty, raw, whatever. Bottom line is yuo know what you like & that's all that matters. The Uber is great amp for sure and has one of the most lethal low ends around. Enjoy!

Les Zombie":vdqxvlcb said:
LunatiBSW":vdqxvlcb said:
Les Zombie":vdqxvlcb said:
Nice, very nice.

For a while the uber rev blue and uberkab was my main rig for playing live, but i never was happy with the cleans and in the songs we was playing i needed a better clean ch and after a while i switched things up and played other amps like rectos and splawns but didnt like the cleans either, then used my herbert which had nice cleans but didnt sit in the mix very good, and not long after that we stopped playing live, and of all the amps i played during that time, i loved the uber high gain tones the most. I played my uber today when i got home from work, its a badass sounding amp, it will always be one of my fav amps for metal tones.

I had a twin jet and hated it, i had it for a month side by side with my uber rev blue, and never could truely find a tone i loved with the tj.

Cool story, great to hear the Uber cut Better than the herb. Sorry the clean channel didn’t cut it live, almost worth taking a separate clean amp for how much you love the Uber gain tones.
The Uber sounds great turned down too, still gets that menacing lowend. The clean is usable, i like the jp2c clean more me thinks.

Back