NAD: Bogner Helios Eclipse

I already have a Helios Eclipse and an Ecstasy but I bought the Uber Ultra which I'm waiting in a few days...

what didn't you like about the Uber Ultra?

I already have a Helios Eclipse and an Ecstasy but I bought the Uber Ultra which I'm waiting in a few days...

what didn't you like about the Uber Ultra?
I found the Uber Ultra a bit too filtered and closed sounding for my tastes, and I wasn't gravitating to it compared to my other amps. With the density full counter clockwise it would open up more. Overall, I could achieve good tones out of it, but it was missing something compared to what I am liking out of the Ecstasy and Helios Eclipse. I do want to try an older Uberschall at some point.

I found the Uber Ultra a bit too filtered and closed sounding for my tastes, and I wasn't gravitating to it compared to my other amps. With the density full counter clockwise it would open up more. Overall, I could achieve good tones out of it, but it was missing something compared to what I am liking out of the Ecstasy and Helios Eclipse. I do want to try an older Uberschall at some point.
I hope that the new Uber is a completely renewed amplifier compared to the old one. I sold my Uber Rev G because I found it muffled as if it had a blanket in front of the speaker and it seemed more compressed compared to other heads

Last edited:
I hope that the new Uber is a completely renewed amplifier compared to the old one. I sold my Uber Rev G because I found it muffled as if it had a blanket in front of the speaker and it seemed more compressed compared to other heads
Made a video going through it here:

That's the same reason I didn't keep mine. Too filtered/clinical/cardboard-y sounding. I think what it's missing is a richness or warmth to the tone vs other amps. A lot very recent amps have that cardboard-y sound I don't like: Omega's, KSR's, Driftwood's

That's the same reason I didn't keep mine. Too filtered/clinical/cardboard-y sounding. I think what it's missing is a richness or warmth to the tone vs other amps. A lot very recent amps have that cardboard-y sound I don't like: Omega's, KSR's, Driftwood's
It's almost too refined. The amp is close to mix ready sounding out of the gate, when I want a little more controlled chaos.

It's almost too refined. The amp is close to mix ready sounding out of the gate, when I want a little more controlled chaos.
I can see why it gets described that way, but I interpret a refined sound as one with more complexity/nuance. The ultra to me more so was I felt a more bland sound stripped of many of the qualities that make a tone to me more interesting and rich. I still thought it was a good amp overall. Definitely big, powerful and punchy sounding with the Uber flavor, but sorta like a “from concentrate” version of the flavor imho

Back