NAD: DIEZEL VHX - Preset Backup, Editor?

FLUXX

Hi Everyone,
I'm receiving my 2nd VHX tonight. (Pre-Loop didn't work on the 1st one)
The little bit I got to tweak it before I had to send it back,
showed me how AMAZING this amp is! It's exactly what I've been looking for!

I own a VH4 and love it, and I was blown away at how the VHX nails all 4 of my VH4's channels.
Can't wait to dive in full time!

I have some questions, hopefully Leo Diezel can respond to them too 😎

1. As a 20 year Line 6 user, I'm used to tweaking DSP gear with a software editor ,
and I'm wondering when the software editor for the VHX will be ready?
I'm hoping it will allow users to back up presets too.

2. My band plays 4+ hours of covers & original music when we play live (40+ songs),
and 99 Presets will almost cover that, since I use each song's BPM setting for the delay/FX time, etc...,
and some songs actually use 4 different amp voicings, requiring 4 separate presets.
Is there any thinking to increase the total number of Presets in the VHX?

3. I tested Midi controlling my VHX with my Line 6 Helix LT.
For Midi Program Change, should I start at 0 or 1?
Especially in relation to the VHX Setting: 0-98, or 1-99
I had some trouble with backward Preset switching

Thanks in advance!

Lastly, I'll be running my VHX through 2 cabs at once: a Mesa 2x12 (V30's) and a 440 Live 2x12 (G12K100's).
Here's a pic of the 1st VHX on top of my VH4 and Mesa 2x12. I'm going to put LED's in the new VHX.
Can't wait to get started on the new one!

AWESOME JOB by Peter, Peter, Leo, and Company!!!!
I'm Diezel for life!!! 🤘🎸🎛️⚡🎶

Diezel VHx 1.jpg

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are really happy to see people enjoying it!

1) it could be ready first months of next year, however if you need to backup you can copy the file called VHX.db that you can find inside the storage when connecting it to a PC/Mac/Smartphone

2) not currently, but if this is an official request :) we can make it happen. How many should they be?

3) PC starts at 0, the visual can be either 0 or 1, so if your controller send PC0 and the button is labeled 0, you would set the VHX setting to 0. This is because some controllers have first button labeled to 1 when they send PC 0.

What issue did you face with MIDI?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Leo, you rule!
1. I'm so excited about the editor, let me know if you need a beta tester. Is it ok to rename the VHX.db file I am saving, for instance: VHX-1.db? VHX-Set 1.db? I assuming I can copy the Factory Presets this way too? VHX-Factory 1.db?

2. Yes, please. We'll definitely need more than 99 presets in the VHX, no matter what the wonderful Nick Bowcott says 😉

3. Excellent, I now have the Helix setup to start at Program 0. I really appreciate you straightening that out for me.

Midi issue: What happened was, for example, when I was on Preset 6, and tried to footswitch to Program 5, it would drop me to Program 4,
but at that time I had the Helix set up to start at Program 1, and not 0. I had to send back the amp to get replaced, before I could really test out starting at 0. I will be starting with 0 now.

And thank you for sharing your knowledge of the VHX here at the forum. That breakdown chart you posted is essential. Using that, I very quickly dialed in perfect replications of all 4 of my VH4 channels/tones on the VHX, and I still had 36 other awesome configurations left. I've been using an EQ pedal to insert a Herbert-style Mid-Cut into my VH4. So excited to lose the pedal and have the mid cut option on every model!

It's the perfect meld of Tube Tone and Digital FX...and the best thing is, you're not done refining it! So excited to be on board!

Thanks Again!

Thank
Leo, you rule!
1. I'm so excited about the editor, let me know if you need a beta tester. Is it ok to rename the VHX.db file I am saving, for instance: VHX-1.db? VHX-Set 1.db? I assuming I can copy the Factory Presets this way too? VHX-Factory 1.db?

2. Yes, please. We'll definitely need more than 99 presets in the VHX, no matter what the wonderful Nick Bowcott says 😉

3. Excellent, I now have the Helix setup to start at Program 0. I really appreciate you straightening that out for me.

Midi issue: What happened was, for example, when I was on Preset 6, and tried to footswitch to Program 5, it would drop me to Program 4,
but at that time I had the Helix set up to start at Program 1, and not 0. I had to send back the amp to get replaced, before I could really test out starting at 0. I will be starting with 0 now.

And thank you for sharing your knowledge of the VHX here at the forum. That breakdown chart you posted is essential. Using that, I very quickly dialed in perfect replications of all 4 of my VH4 channels/tones on the VHX, and I still had 36 other awesome configurations left. I've been using an EQ pedal to insert a Herbert-style Mid-Cut into my VH4. So excited to lose the pedal and have the mid cut option on every model!

It's the perfect meld of Tube Tone and Digital FX...and the best thing is, you're not done refining it! So excited to be on board!

Thanks Again!

Awesome thank you!

1) please share me your email on PM, there is a small beta group with about 50 users where new feature are tested before official release.

2) sure, there is plenty of space

3) midi issue should be fixed then, please let me know if it happens again!

Thank you!
Leo

Update: so I'm 0 for 2 on the VHX now.
Literally just got the new one, and the side of the box is punctured and the nameplate got scratched.
So I've sent it back within the same hour of receiving it. I won't name the seller, but 3rd time better be the charm.

The universe is really making me work hard for this amp.
Dying to get started with it

Leo:
1. Just sent it over
2. You rule!!
3. I definitely will let you know if it happens again

Here's the damage. Some might have just lived with it, but at the price point, I had to get the right thing.
Love that Diezel logo!!

Attachments

• Diezel VHX Damage.jpg
    Diezel VHX Damage.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
Update: so I'm 0 for 2 on the VHX now.
Literally just got the new one, and the side of the box is punctured and the nameplate got scratched.
So I've sent it back within the same hour of receiving it. I won't name the seller, but 3rd time better be the charm.

The universe is really making me work hard for this amp.
Dying to get started with it

Leo:
1. Just sent it over
2. You rule!!
3. I definitely will let you know if it happens again

Here's the damage. Some might have just lived with it, but at the price point, I had to get the right thing.
Love that Diezel logo!!

Well you did it right to return it, I couldn't live with it either, regardless of the price point!

Can you share the seller with me in private?

Thank you, I hope you'll get it soon then!!

UPDATE:
VHX #3 is here and everything works!!!
Man, I love this amp so much!!
I'm already setting it up for my band's 40+ song setlist. (It will take 96 Presets to do)
Can't wait to get started with the editor.

Testing through my Marshall 1960 4x12 (G12T75),
and it sounds amazing.
Can't wait to get to my studio tomorrow,
and put it through my Mesa 2x12 (V30s) + 440 Live 2x12 (G12K100) rig!!

Next step will be deciding which pedals to run in the Pre-Loop.
Revv Shaw Tubbs Tilt, Source Audio Synth C4, Petrucci Wah, etc...

Again, all my love and respect to everyone at Diezel,
especially Leo, your help is awesome!!

Here's VHX #3, with the Mustang Sally Preset I just made!

Attachments

• Diezel VHX 3.jpg
    Diezel VHX 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Back