NAD: Marshall 2204

Dave L

You know what, after all these years I never actually had a 2203 or 2204. Played them tons of times, but never owned one. I always sort of lurked around on eventually getting one, only watching them go up in price, and when this popped up just a town over I decided to jump on it and call it a day. It's a 2204 from 1985, looking pretty neat and sounding just right. Got a decent deal on it, too. It really is a benchmark sound, and I have to say that the G12T75 is a big part of what these sound like in my head compared to the 1959/1987.

1Sq1cir.jpg

Nice! But did you have to mention the G12T75's? I have been trying really hard not to add another cab but the T75 cabs I don't believe I have ever owned.

Nice! But did you have to mention the G12T75's? I have been trying really hard not to add another cab but the T75 cabs I don't believe I have ever owned.
Where you live? I have one that i would let go for 100$. I am in austin. It has TONS of character, lol. I was going to load it with greenies but never got around to it

Where you live? I have one that i would let go for 100$. I am in austin. It has TONS of character, lol. I was going to load it with greenies but never got around to it
I appreciate that. Would have taken it for $100! I am just outside of Cleveland, Ohio so not going to happen. All of my current cabs are loaded with Greenie's, or a variant of them.

I appreciate that. Would have taken it for $100! I am just outside of Cleveland, Ohio so not going to happen. All of my current cabs are loaded with Greenie's, or a variant of them.
Tbh, redbacks are my next one. Just played five great amps through them. They are solid

Nice score - congrats! I have a JMP 2204 from 1978 and love it. They do “the thing”.

Yeah, no mods going into this one, I have plenty of stuff that does that kind of thing already so this is staying stock. I have some nice options for boosting it, but honestly I´m digging it a lot just straight in as well. Not really a metal guy, I guess, more sort of 80s rock.

Only got one of those, but it might even be from the same year. Greco RR95K with Dimarzio Virtual Hot PAF and PAF 59 neck, sounds amazing thru the 2204 just like you say.

eFghzXD.jpg
Nice Greco, I have a Dimarzio Virtual Hot PAF in a Strat, that pickup is killer. It's a shame they discontinued them. Congrats on the amp.

Love my 84 4104. Been thru way too many Marshalls and boutique Marshally amps. Wint be letting this one go.
An RFT in V1 and an old Chinese tube in V2 is the sound. Bias it up right, good to go for just about anything. Lo input is a great pedal platform for fuzz, distortion and anything you'd put in an effects loop.
I tried g12-65s and 75s, but much prefer greenbacks with mine.
Congrats on a great amp!

Back