NAD: Twin Jet

AusTexCap

Just got a Twin Jet last night and holy shit is it insane. It's almost like having two different amps in one and is so brutal sounding. So far I've run it through my RL Uberkab and FL ENGLs, sounds killer both ways. I need to spend more time dialing in tone but I'm really liking what I hear so far.

One thing that is really different from my ENGL is the way that the tone knobs work and how much they impact each other.

Any insight on how these work exactly and want to share your settings?! :rock:

I've had my new TJ for about a month now... All I can say about the EQ settings is they almost act counter-intuitively. I found when needing 'more' of something, rather than turning that specific want higher, I've had to turn other EQ settings lower. Does this make sense?? Furthermore, whole amp changes pending on the volume levels. I found things really start to kick in when the MV is at 11+ o'clock and the V on either channel at 3+ o'clock. It starts to blossom in the higher registries of volume...I start hearing all these amazingly rich overtones and harmonics. Just awesome.

LOVIN' my TJ... :worship: :worship: :worship:

V.

I am really digging my Twin Jet. On the 2nd channel at least, its interesting that as I turn the treble down, the volume seems to increase...this when I get the treble around noon and a little less. With the treble turned way down, the 2nd channel can still sound bright when the midrange and presence is turned up.

Yes, the EQ seems counter-intuitive, esp. on the 2nd channel, but that's the way all my Ubers have been.

I haven't even gotten to the point of finding my favorite settings on this amp, as its hard to make it sound bad using any extreme. The only thing I've found is that I need to keep the first channel's treble down at noon or below to keep it from sounding too bright. Supposedly this amp has the "clean channel mod" or whatever, but I'm finding that a lot of my guitars (most have hot pups and a few have bypassed tone pots and 1Meg volume pots) make it pretty difficult to get a true clean sound. Of course, a clean tone is certainly NOT what this amp is about.

The addition of the global depth and presence (among other things) REALLY sets this amp apart from the Rev Blue and Rev 2 Ubers that I've owned. At the moment, I've only played it through my little Recto 2x12 cab, though I have a Recto 4X12, Mesa metal grill half-back 4x12 with C90s and a Marshall 1960 with V30s and 75 watters as well.

I've had the amp for a little over a week now and I haven't plugged in any effects whatesoever, this amp is just a joy to play all by itself!

:rock:

Zombieland, I see you have a Blackmore and Twin Jet. Which do you like more? I also have both and still think the Blackmore is a bit better sounding and feeling but the Twin Jet is a slightly different animal. I think I'll be keeping both but I see them being used for different applications.

AusTexCap":1qq2bodg said:
Zombieland, I see you have a Blackmore and Twin Jet. Which do you like more? I also have both and still think the Blackmore is a bit better sounding and feeling but the Twin Jet is a slightly different animal. I think I'll be keeping both but I see them being used for different applications.

Better how would you say?

I think it is still a bit tighter and just a bit more full and even sounding than the TJ. I've been messing around with boosting recently and have come to the conclusion that, for my tastes, the TJ needs to be boosted whereas the Blackmore doesn't. Don't get me wrong though because the TJ is an amazing amp and I'm going to gig with it for a while to see how it sits in the mix.

AusTexCap":2j1k2sy3 said:
I think it is still a bit tighter and just a bit more full and even sounding than the TJ. I've been messing around with boosting recently and have come to the conclusion that, for my tastes, the TJ needs to be boosted whereas the Blackmore doesn't. Don't get me wrong though because the TJ is an amazing amp and I'm going to gig with it for a while to see how it sits in the mix.

Are you the other guitar player in Course Of Ruin??

I like both amps alot, I haven't had the Blackmore for very long but it's very cool. I kinda wished it wasn't so bright, I'm using it with my uberkab.

Lately I been spending my time going back and forth with both my ubers and I'm trying to see which I like best incase I have to sell one. I bought another guitar and I might sell a uber if needed to help pay it off quick.

Yes I play in Course of Ruin along with Jason (killertone).

I run the presence of my Blackmore at about 9 even through my v30 cabs which helps with the brightness. I don't really like the Blackmore with the Uberkab, it sounds much better with the FL ENGL cabs. I just had Blackouts installed in my Caparison TAT and man the Twin Jet sounds brutal now. :rock:

AusTexCap":1uuluepi said:

I run the presence of my Blackmore at about 9 even through my v30 cabs which helps with the brightness. I don't really like the Blackmore with the Uberkab, it sounds much better with the FL ENGL cabs. I just had Blackouts installed in my Caparison TAT and man the Twin Jet sounds brutal now. :rock:

Killer!! Kick ass band your in!!

I found with my Caparison and BKP Painkillers I get a nice tight punishing low end.

AusTexCap":3gui4rkf said:

Back