NAD: Uber Ultra

@TheGreatGreen I agree with all of your statements. I still find ch. 1 a bit bright for my tastes even with density on full blast but I've learned to manage much better with a proper mix of the presence at around noonish. Its much more tolerable for sure. I still can't find any use of the U switch setting on the power amp section.

I hooked the amp up to my daw and it seems to be 2.5K and 7.1K that are giving the amp the excessive clank that can't seem to be dialed out. Once I precisely cut those frequencies with a narrow Q, problem solved and sounds incredible. I love me some Marshall clank, don't get me wrong, but this was just too much especially at band volumes.

@leib10 I think this amp would be up your alley. Ch.2 is so mean sounding. Not sure why Reza said it can't cop TJ tones but it for sure can. I've A/B'd with both of my amps quite a bit at this point and I'm digging the Ultra the most currently. Just way more versatile and punishing sounding. You won't regret it. In fact I'm most likely going to sell my other Ubers since this one is head and shoulders above them. I still do love my Rev Blue though so I might keep that one but not 100% sure yet. I'm plan on putting up some clips by this weekend for you guys.

That’s good news, that means you could probably dial out any clank you don’t like with a simple one or two band parametric EQ in the loop. Nice.

Something else to note about the presence switch you mentioned. Originally I speculated that the “U” position on that switch would turn the presence control into the old Uberschall presence control, where turning it down might make it behave more like a mid contour switch. This is not correct. Instead, it simply changes where the presence frequency begins as you turn the knob up. U = most mids included when you turn it up. Hair+ = least mids included when you turn it up. So in all three presence switch positions, turning the presence control fully counterclockwise just sounds like an amp with the presence on zero.

Last edited:
@TheGreatGreen I agree with all of your statements. I still find ch. 1 a bit bright for my tastes even with density on full blast but I've learned to manage much better with a proper mix of the presence at around noonish. Its much more tolerable for sure. I still can't find any use of the U switch setting on the power amp section.

I hooked the amp up to my daw and it seems to be 2.5K and 7.1K that are giving the amp the excessive clank that can't seem to be dialed out. Once I precisely cut those frequencies with a narrow Q, problem solved and sounds incredible. I love me some Marshall clank, don't get me wrong, but this was just too much especially at band volumes.

@leib10 I think this amp would be up your alley. Ch.2 is so mean sounding. Not sure why Reza said it can't cop TJ tones but it for sure can. I've A/B'd with both of my amps quite a bit at this point and I'm digging the Ultra the most currently. Just way more versatile and punishing sounding. You won't regret it. In fact I'm most likely going to sell my other Ubers since this one is head and shoulders above them. I still do love my Rev Blue though so I might keep that one but not 100% sure yet. I'm plan on putting up some clips by this weekend for you guys.
Thanks for the reply. Seriously considering selling my 2009 Twin Jet for this…

Back