NAD: Wizard W800

a lot of people tell me to use the 57 period. I like the sm7b because it doesn't color. But aparently, I need some help. I need my clips to reflect the in your face sound that is present in the room.

You're getting close to getting the in your face sound to come across imo. I find that it is difficult to record Wizards in a way that gets that power and in the room sound to come across. I have heard very few clips or youtube vids ,etc. that capture anything close - which is a bummer.

Listening back to the comparison between k100 and v 30, now that my ears are not ringing, I think the k100 is the shit with this amp. May have to go 4 k100s and just remove the v30s altogether.

This is my new pedalboard setup for this amp. I am about to try recording some again today, as soon as the wife goes to the store to buy me steak.

Attachments

• pedalboard.jpg
    pedalboard.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 37
Listening back to the comparison between k100 and v 30, now that my ears are not ringing, I think the k100 is the shit with this amp. May have to go 4 k100s and just remove the v30s altogether.
I've used K100s with 5 different Wizards and they all sounded great through those speakers. Some of my favorite speakers for sure.

I think one thing you can probably hear is i need to get more centered on the speaker. I like this 90s fucking grunge sound so i stay to the exterior of the speaker all the time

we've tried explaining this to you before.. you are basically mic'ing the baffle board on an angle again in the pic you posted, thats like a singer pointing the mic at his/her wang/snatch to sing a song. take a flash light, find the edge of the dust cap and put the mic there strait on the speaker

we've tried explaining this to you before.. you are basically mic'ing the baffle board on an angle again in the pic you posted, thats like a singer pointing the mic at his/her wang/snatch to sing a song. take a flash light, find the edge of the dust cap and put the mic there strait on the speaker
So snatch is bad, then.

Skimming through some of your other posts, the Twin Jet being your favorite sounding amp youve played. How does this Wizard compare?

Skimming through some of your other posts, the Twin Jet being your favorite sounding amp youve played. How does this Wizard compare?
Honestly man, The wizard blows it away. However, if you like a smooth sounding amp, the twin is there all day. The wizard is like a Raw angry amp in every sense of the word. I happen to be one of the guys that likes the raw or smooth sound. Twin jet is like an avenger. Darker amp. Really smooth gain profile. Loop is atrocious (if you like to gate). Wizard just has that upper mid in your face sound and is just fucking right. But my wizard is a W800...so I have never played the mcII or mtl which i think you were wanting to compare. You should ask mhenson (matt). He has tried every amp that has ever existed, lol. Also, he has a wizard mtl, mc, and a hybrid among others.

Got out the flashlight, and micd that fuck right good, I did.

Attachments

• wizard.jpg
    wizard.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
Palm mutes stand out a lot better, and it is more clear and less muffled. Thanks for the tip. Before when you had told me, I didn't listen to you, cuz i was happy with my sound, I think since a few months ago, my ears have gotten a lot more sensitive, so i could hear how bad it was this time. This isn't perfect micing yet, but it is much better.

Honestly man, The wizard blows it away. However, if you like a smooth sounding amp, the twin is there all day. The wizard is like a Raw angry amp in every sense of the word. I happen to be one of the guys that likes the raw or smooth sound. Twin jet is like an avenger. Darker amp. Really smooth gain profile. Loop is atrocious (if you like to gate). Wizard just has that upper mid in your face sound and is just fucking right. But my wizard is a W800...so I have never played the mcII or mtl which i think you were wanting to compare. You should ask mhenson (matt). He has tried every amp that has ever existed, lol. Also, he has a wizard mtl, mc, and a hybrid among others.
I agree, I found the twin Jet and other Uberschall’s to sound too smooth and polished/civilized for my taste. I liked the Rev 2/Green better than the Rev Blue and Twin Jet, but still thought it got outclassed when AB’ed with my iic+ and Cameron modded Marshall’s I had at the time (not anymore)

I think the Wizard vs Uberschall is kinda an apples vs oranges comparison since they’re total opposites in many ways, but the the Wizard is the much higher quality fruit whether it’s the apple or Orange in the analogy

So snatch is bad, th
we've tried explaining this to you before.. you are basically mic'ing the baffle board on an angle again in the pic you posted, thats like a singer pointing the mic at his/her wang/snatch to sing a song.
“It’s all about my dong
My dick should sing this song”

Back