NAD!

Got a post 2011 upgraded tranny version of the Engl Savage 120. This is my 2nd Savage. Every amp I've had since I sold my first one seemed loose and undefined compared to the Savage. So with that said, the fact they upgraded the OT, and the price dude was asking, I decided the newer Savage deserved a shot. Haven't been able to crank it yet but so far in the bedroom it does seem to have more girth. Depth Boost engaged seems like twice the depth boost than my old one.
So now I need a cab. Favorite cabs with this amp? I've found cheap deals on an Engl standard slant cab with the V60's or whatever and a couple of the old metal grill half back Mesas. Any thoughts on those 2? Know if I can get the back panel to fully close the back from Nesa still? Other favorites?
When I had my old Savage I had a Marshall 1960AV, Randall V30, Vader, and a Mills V30XK100. Out of all of those I think I liked the Marshall best. It seemed the punchiest and most linear and clear and together. Randall was meh. Vader was clear as dat but sterile and no punch or tonefullness. Mills was farts after speakers broke in.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,021
Congrats!!
I think as far as cabs go, to me there's just something about having a matching brand cab with he head. I think having a matching Engl cab with it would be pretty cool and by all accounts I've ever read, they are top end cabs for sure.

Speeddemon":1ap8tsxr said:
Congrats!

I'd look into the Engl cabs with V30's if I were you. Never liked the V60's much.
Thanks. I've heard mixed reviews on the V60's. Can you share what you didn't like about them?

Back