NAD

headlessdeadguy

Scored this super clean 6595+ with a brand new NS2 and a pedal power supply for $700. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Picked it up in the way to a business meeting so I won’t get a chance to play it until I get home next week
AC04B4C8-A396-402D-8E7C-9FDB4D4368CB.jpeg
AC04B4C8-A396-402D-8E7C-9FDB4D4368CB.jpeg

Hell yeah congrats! Love mine. It really shines at band volumes, these weren’t meant for bedroom playing.

After you check that it functions as it should, be sure to study up on the preamp tube layout. They are sensitive to certain tubes in certain locations.

I like a LPS in the PI, a 12AT7 in the clean channel/crunch tube, and load the rest of the tubes as you prefer for the lead.

Hell yeah congrats! Love mine. It really shines at band volumes, these weren’t meant for bedroom playing.

After you check that it functions as it should, be sure to study up on the preamp tube layout. They are sensitive to certain tubes in certain locations.

I like a LPS in the PI, a 12AT7 in the clean channel/crunch tube, and load the rest of the tubes as you prefer for the lead.
I already planned on picking your brain if it doesn’t sound like it should.

I already planned on picking your brain if it doesn’t sound like it should.

They’re picky, and they need volume. Anyone complaining of fuzz on top of the notes isn’t playing it at a high enough volume - that goes away at band volumes.

I know them inside and out. There’s a reason mines been around since 2005 - she’s knocked a lot of stuff off the amp stack and killed a lot of gas over the years. They’re also loud as absolute fuck.

If it doesn’t sound right feel free to reach out and explain what you’re hearing and I’ve likely already experienced it. Easily the most underrated amp for potential in a package.

I’m hesitant of buying an EL34S 100W fender head and want to take the old girl into a guitar center sometime and run them side by side to see if it’s worth it. I have a feeling the old girl will hold her own and not warrant it like she’s done with so many other amps lol

They’re picky, and they need volume. Anyone complaining of fuzz on top of the notes isn’t playing it at a high enough volume - that goes away at band volumes.

I know them inside and out. There’s a reason mines been around since 2005 - she’s knocked a lot of stuff off the amp stack and killed a lot of gas over the years. They’re also loud as absolute fuck.

If it doesn’t sound right feel free to reach out and explain what you’re hearing and I’ve likely already experienced it. Easily the most underrated amp for potential in a package.

I’m hesitant of buying an EL34S 100W fender head and want to take the old girl into a guitar center sometime and run them side by side to see if it’s worth it. I have a feeling the old girl will hold her own and not warrant it like she’s done with so many other amps lol
I always play loud. I’ll let you know how it goes next week. My buddy had his EVH modded to take el34’s and it kicks ass. We are going to get together when I get home and compare his og 5150, the 5163, my iconic and the 6505+. Will report back.

I always play loud. I’ll let you know how it goes next week. My buddy had his EVH modded to take el34’s and it kicks ass. We are going to get together when I get home and compare his og 5150, the 5163, my iconic and the 6505+. Will report back.
Feel free to PM me and we will chat - I want to know what you think afterwards of how it goes.

Before you crank it I can’t emphasize how important tube order matters. They can go from shit to shine with that alone 😂

Mines also modded to run EL34s and I also have an Axiom JCM800 Mercury Magnetics OT in it and it kicks all kinds of ass. Obviously you’ll need to do the bias mod too so that you can bias them correctly.

Here’s an old video of mine at just below 2 on the volume with all of my mods but with 6L6GCs. The iPhone is getting super compressed here but you can get an idea. I need to re-record this with greenbacks.

Last edited:
Feel free to PM me and we will chat - I want to know what you think afterwards of how it goes.

Before you crank it I can’t emphasize how important tube order matters. They can go from shit to shine with that alone 😂

Mines also modded to run EL34s and I also have an Axiom JCM800 Mercury Magnetics OT in it and it kicks all kinds of ass. Obviously you’ll need to do the bias mod too so that you can bias them correctly.

Here’s an old video of mine at just below 2 on the volume with all of my mods but with 6L6GCs. The iPhone is getting super compressed here but you can get an idea. I need to re-record this with greenbacks.

God that sounds good!

Back