NCD: Synergy SYN-412

jkdsteve

So I've been hearing benefits of Friedman cabs etc. for a while and given that I have a bunch of Synergy gear was thinking to buy one of these but held off because there don't seem to be hardly any demos of it around.....but great specs on face of it:

"The SYN-412 is the perfect match for your Synergy SYN-50 amp head. Loaded with a quartet of Celestion speakers — Greenbacks on the top and Vintage 30s on the bottom — this 4 x 12" extension cabinet delivers a classic British sound with thunderous lows, smooth mids, and creamy highs. Exhibiting an intricate crunch, this cab reveals the tonal complexities of your preamp modules — lows will sound full, mids will be meaty, and highs will chime beautifully. The SYN-412 features a closed-back design and durable Baltic birch construction."

I finally got to hear some stuff on the cab and it convinced me, very pleased.

I have an old-ass, very well built Randall 4x12 with V30/G12h30...., I think I prefer the Synergy so far...even not broken in...homeymoon maybe but it's smoother and more musical (Greenbacks?)

jkdsteve":1ka56ygi said:
So I've been hearing benefits of Friedman cabs etc. for a while and given that I have a bunch of Synergy gear was thinking to buy one of these but held off because there don't seem to be hardly any demos of it around.....but great specs on face of it:

"The SYN-412 is the perfect match for your Synergy SYN-50 amp head. Loaded with a quartet of Celestion speakers — Greenbacks on the top and Vintage 30s on the bottom — this 4 x 12" extension cabinet delivers a classic British sound with thunderous lows, smooth mids, and creamy highs. Exhibiting an intricate crunch, this cab reveals the tonal complexities of your preamp modules — lows will sound full, mids will be meaty, and highs will chime beautifully. The SYN-412 features a closed-back design and durable Baltic birch construction."

I have an old-ass, very well built Randall 4x12 with V30/G12h30...., I think I prefer the Synergy so far...even not broken in...homeymoon maybe but it's smoother and more musical (Greenbacks?)

Nice! Been curious about these as well. real question is: is it the exact same Friedman cab with the Synergy badge?

vintage 30s by themselves not so good(to me personally), but with greenbacks or creambacks, its a great combo, definitely a great cab!

Junk Yard Dog":kd2u1ol6 said:
jkdsteve":kd2u1ol6 said:

Nice! Been curious about these as well. real question is: is it the exact same Friedman cab with the Synergy badge?

I think they're identical spec apart from the back plate, Synergy cab has option for 8Ohm Stereo in addition to vintage 16Ohm

@jkdsteve are you still playing this cab?

For what i know it s basically a Friedman cab .

Yes. They're identical cabs. Only difference is the aesthetics/branding and the Syn cab has a multi-jack that supports either 16 ohm mono or 8 ohm stereo connection (to support stereo power amps for the Synergy preamp/power amp type rigs). Oh, yeah, and the Syn sells for $300 less new. :p

Got two of them earlier this year. Stellar cabs. IMHO.

Back