Neddi Stanz Playing a Modified High Gain Marshall.

This is probably my favorite mod you have done. Mind telling us about it?
Thank you.

It is a single input. four stage high gain circuit I developed to cover Van Halen’s Everybody Wants Some to Akira Takasaki loudness Rock & Roll Crazy Nights.

Using Altium I am engineering my own printed circuit boards for a LND150 buffeted effects loop and a DC heater rectification board powered by a small internal 12VAC transformer, mounted inside the chassis.

There are no clipping diodes. This is all analog tube. As we know, output transformers can vary so I check voltages throughout and use deca boxes for both resistance and capacitance to developed assemblies to include voltage dividers throughout. Outside of the box, I will trick out effect loops, and other things. Most people wouldn’t think of an order to achieve my target. We always hear you can’t reinvent the wheel. But actually, we can change it from a racing slicks to an all-terrain tread, for example which is more than just changing a couple components. It’s changing the way the circuit interacts with itself. This is different.

It has two potentiometer’s for gain. Ideally, that is so that one may vary and contour the gain structure, which does clean up when the guitar is rolled back, but not as nicely as some of my other high gain mods.

A dual gang pot can be used in place of both gain potentiometers for someone like myself that set them in tandem at the same level of resistance.

It also has the usual adjustable residence potentiometer on the back. I myself do not like a lot of mini toggle switches as I find most often I always set them to one position and leave them there so only by request do I use the mini toggles by and large as they’re so fragile.

Currently, I’ve been pretty damn busy, but have made time for research and development for this project & others. I have not had time to finish out the last two of my own builds, but will be able to work that in soon. If one would look up the definition of divergent, you would understand the name.

I have developed an entire second channel for clean to be incorporated with my Pandora mod and will soon do so with this and my other high gain circuits, which all differ in character.

Next up is the development of a built-in noise gate. Noise ratio is very low in my circuits, but once a guitarist has played an amplifier such as the ENGL inferno E677 it is realized just how damn cool a gate such as that is as it clamps off but the effects still carry on.

There’s no magic fairy dust. Of course we all know that. This comes from a lot of time spent in research and development, experience, and having an ear for the final destination. And I can’t stress enough once again, how important it is to read, voltages and utilize all skills and equipment at hand in order to reach the desired outcome.

I also use sine waves on oscilloscope, which is meant to read the AC signal which looks pretty gnarly on this circuit. Much like a very wicked sharks tooth.

The oscilloscope was/is used to ensure there is no blocking distortion or other unwanted anomalies. Blocking distortion on an oscilloscope would look like sheer displacement to an architect or structural engineer.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer.

Kind regards, David Hopkins

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Neddi Stanz for his incredible video & masterful playing demonstrating my Divergent modification on his 1974 Marshall Super Lead.

David Hopkins

Love neddi and that tone is killer! Could you make a splawn competition sound like neddis amp with your mod skills or no?

Thank you.

It is a single input. four stage high gain circuit I developed to cover Van Halen’s Everybody Wants Some to Akira Takasaki loudness Rock & Roll Crazy Nights.

Using Altium I am engineering my own printed circuit boards for a LND150 buffeted effects loop and a DC heater rectification board powered by a small internal 12VAC transformer, mounted inside the chassis.

There are no clipping diodes. This is all analog tube. As we know, output transformers can vary so I check voltages throughout and use deca boxes for both resistance and capacitance to developed assemblies to include voltage dividers throughout. Outside of the box, I will trick out effect loops, and other things. Most people wouldn’t think of an order to achieve my target. We always hear you can’t reinvent the wheel. But actually, we can change it from a racing slicks to an all-terrain tread, for example which is more than just changing a couple components. It’s changing the way the circuit interacts with itself. This is different.

It has two potentiometer’s for gain. Ideally, that is so that one may vary and contour the gain structure, which does clean up when the guitar is rolled back, but not as nicely as some of my other high gain mods.

A dual gang pot can be used in place of both gain potentiometers for someone like myself that set them in tandem at the same level of resistance.

It also has the usual adjustable residence potentiometer on the back. I myself do not like a lot of mini toggle switches as I find most often I always set them to one position and leave them there so only by request do I use the mini toggles by and large as they’re so fragile.

Currently, I’ve been pretty damn busy, but have made time for research and development for this project & others. I have not had time to finish out the last two of my own builds, but will be able to work that in soon. If one would look up the definition of divergent, you would understand the name.

I have developed an entire second channel for clean to be incorporated with my Pandora mod and will soon do so with this and my other high gain circuits, which all differ in character.

Next up is the development of a built-in noise gate. Noise ratio is very low in my circuits, but once a guitarist has played an amplifier such as the ENGL inferno E677 it is realized just how damn cool a gate such as that is as it clamps off but the effects still carry on.

There’s no magic fairy dust. Of course we all know that. This comes from a lot of time spent in research and development, experience, and having an ear for the final destination. And I can’t stress enough once again, how important it is to read, voltages and utilize all skills and equipment at hand in order to reach the desired outcome.

I also use sine waves on oscilloscope, which is meant to read the AC signal which looks pretty gnarly on this circuit. Much like a very wicked sharks tooth.

The oscilloscope was/is used to ensure there is no blocking distortion or other unwanted anomalies. Blocking distortion on an oscilloscope would look like sheer displacement to an architect or structural engineer.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer.

Kind regards, David Hopkins
Thanks Dave. Again
Really digging that one

Love neddi and that tone is killer! Could you make a splawn competition sound like neddis amp with your mod skills or no?
Do you have a schematic?

I am building 2nd clean channels on other circuits I have but not this as of today. If the Splawn has a clean channel it could pose an obstacle until I work out the R & D for the clean channel for the Divergent.

Thank you for the interest, David

Sounds pretty good to me. Is this a mod that you could do to an already modded Pandora 2203X? I love the Pandora but I am always playing around.

Do you have a schematic?

I am building 2nd clean channels on other circuits I have but not this as of today. If the Splawn has a clean channel it could pose an obstacle until I work out the R & D for the clean channel for the Divergent.

Thank you for the interest, David
I dont have a schematic but it does not have a clean channel. Its a single channel amp with 3 gears or modes.

Back