Need a bridge pickup suggestion for a.....

I agree with the others on the Iron Man. I remember it actually being pretty saturated, but it’s been a while now since I last tried one. Definitely juicy (like most Wagner’s are), which to me is similar to meaning saturated and like the others said thick, tight, great harmonics and feel. What’s great about the Iron Man too is that it’s one of the few pickups that seems to sound great in pretty much any kind of guitar, so a safer bet because of that. Most of my favorite pickups I’m using currently will sound great in some guitars, but be a bad fit in others

Last edited:
I’m listening to some clips and really digging the EMG 57. Anyone use these?
I use a 57/66 set in a superstrat. Roll the tone back a tad and you can get that sound- The volume is there at least.

You could also do the Seymour Duncan Blackout preamp into any pickup you want. You might feel a bump in feel and power.

Thank you everyone, I think I’m going to give the EMG 57 a go.
I've got one in my ESP Viper and it sounds absolutely killer. I also got the 66 in the neck and that sounds great as well. The 57/66 is my favorite pickup set right now.

Suhr Aldrich, Afwayu, EMG 57 OR Try an EMG 85 if you're going with EMG's.
The Afwayu was my fav High gain pup ever. Until I put an Iron Man in my other Charvel. Sounds damn near identical, which is probably due to the differences in each guitar making them sound so close. The Afwayu is in a USA SoCal which is a bit thicker sounding than my 08 SanDimas. I'm hesitant to put another IM in my SoCal since it will make it more powerful sounding that my SD. But for a passive pup the IM is probably the fattest and most articulate pup I've tried, even more than the MCP. Just a huge sounding pickup with great clarity for such a high gainer.

Last edited:
The Afwyu was my fav High gain pup ever. Until I put an Iron Man in my other Charvel. Sounds damn near identical, which is probably due to the differences in each guitar making them sound so close. The Afwayu is in a USA SoCal which is a bit thicker sounding than my 08 SanDimas. I'm hesitant to put another IM in my SoCal since it will make it more powerful sounding that my SD. But for a passive pup the IM is probably the fattest and most articulate pup I've tried, even more than the MCP. Just a huge sounding pickup with great clarity for such a high gainer.
Now you make me want to try the Iron Man. Thanks for the Info.

Now you make me want to try the Iron Man. Thanks for the Info.
One other thing to mention; I got it in less than 5 business days. Super fast turnaround. I love MCP stuff too; never played an average one as they all sound killer..I have an Angel Dust that I'll throw in an 84 Charvel getting a makeover. But Wade is super swamped and hard to get in touch with which can be frustrating. Jim is super fast and his pickups have a similar 'sweet' response and at least equal clarity if not better.

Back