Need Help With BE100 Deluxe

4406cuda

I am looking for a sound that is similar to early Alice In Chains, John Sykes, or Joe Holmes. Huge high gain, but with clarity of all the strings.

I am not sure how to set the switches on the front and back. Also, does it sound best to keep the system volume up and lower the channel master?

Any suggested settings are appreciated.

BTW, I am playing a Les Paul with medium output pickups. The drummer in my band is loud and we are turning up the amps to keep up.

Thanks,
Tommy

Try this: BE channel, Frequency and Response switches to the left, Voice switch center. All the switches in the back off (down position) except for the SAT switch which should be on (up position). If you'd like it to sound a bit more open/less squishy flip the response switch to the right. Absolutely love this setting for the things you've mentioned!
I personally keep the channel masters at 7 and adjust the system volume from there, if you wanna take the system volume out of the equation set it to about 8 and bring up the channel masters to taste. One way it's not better than the other, it's just a matter of preference, sounds great either way IMO!

Try this: BE channel, Frequency and Response switches to the left, Voice switch center. All the switches in the back off (down position) except for the SAT switch which should be on (up position). If you'd like it to sound a bit more open/less squishy flip the response switch to the right. Absolutely love this setting for the things you've mentioned!
I personally keep the channel masters at 7 and adjust the system volume from there, if you wanna take the system volume out of the equation set it to about 8 and bring up the channel masters to taste. One way it's not better than the other, it's just a matter of preference, sounds great either way IMO!
Thanks Rocco, I will try those settings.

By the way, I am a fan of your videos!

I read somewhere where Dave said to copy the JJ amp with a BE/DLX, the switches are as follows-
BE channel
SAT on
Freq left
Response right
Voice center
Ive run it this way and its very very close. I do tend to run the Freq switch to the right a lot of the time.
Agree with Rocco on the system volume/masters, either way sounds great. I set my channels then get my overall from the SV. I tend to notice having the channel masters below noon lets the SV bring in the Thump/Presence settings into the equation a hair more than the opposite, since those controls are configured more in the power amp stage. Its not better or worse, its all personal preference

Last edited:
I read somewhere where Dave said to copy the JJ amp with a BE/DLX, the switches are as follows-
BE channel
SAT on
Freq left
Response right
Voice center
Ive run it this way and its very very close. I do tend to run the Freq switch to the right a lot of the time.
Agree with Rocco on the system volume/masters, either way sounds great. I set my channels then get my overall from the SV. I tend to notice having the channel masters below noon lets the SV bring in the Thump/Presence settings into the equation a hair more than the opposite, since those controls are configured more in the power amp stage. Its not better or worse, its all personal preference
Thank you. I will be trying these settings tomorrow night at rehearsal.

Agree with the system vol at 8 minimum, other wise the ommph of it's power is not there as much.
I never run the the Sat switch on, due to diggin more string clarity!

Here is my live tone with the BE deluxe 100w

I am looking for a sound that is similar to early Alice In Chains, John Sykes, or Joe Holmes. Huge high gain, but with clarity of all the strings.

I am not sure how to set the switches on the front and back. Also, does it sound best to keep the system volume up and lower the channel master?

Any suggested settings are appreciated.

BTW, I am playing a Les Paul with medium output pickups. The drummer in my band is loud and we are turning up the amps to keep up.

Thanks,
Tommy
Change pickups.

Back