need help with plugging in torpedo captor straight to computer

ginwtoniic

can you connect your torpedo captor 8/16 from ur amp straight to your laptop/computer without an audio interface? if so can you show me the steps?

Hello @ginwtoniic
It might work (using a 6.3 mm (1/4″) TRS jack to 3.5 mm (1/8″) TRS jack cable), but usually the input of a computer is not balanced. You will have ground noise issue. Also you will have too much latency to play your amp through the Captor with a backing track.

Hi @ginwtoniic,

Ross from Two notes here! Thanks for reaching out. In an optimal situation, that is what we advise.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Kind regards.

Ross

alright thank you for the replies theyve been super helpful, so if im trying to use the torpedo captor as an attenuator with my randall amp (combo amp so it actually will have sounds) how will i plug the torpedo in the amp to get it working as an attenuator?

do i connect the amp through the input of the torpedo captor then use the attenuator input through the send or return input of the amp?

if i also want to use the speaker emulator do i plug it to the plug of an audio interface to the speaker emulator plug of the torpedo captor or the amp?

if i also want to use the speaker emulator do i plug it to the plug of an audio interface to the speaker emulator plug of the torpedo captor or the amp?

Hey - I can't see in the back of the Diablo RD1C online, so I can't 100% diagnose how to do it. However, I had a Fender combo that was "hardwired" to the speaker and I did it like this so I could use the Captor.

I took the back off the amp and saw that there was a cable that ran out of the amp and onto the speaker. I took the clips off the end of the cable (the bit that goes on to the speaker) and replaced them with a regular Jack plug. This then went into the red "speaker in" on the back of the captor.
I then made another cable that had a jack on one end (this went out the ATT -20dB output on the back of the Captor) and the clips to go on the speaker.

This way I could attenuate to -20dB, and if I didn't want to attenuate, just take it out the "ATT" socket and put it in the "THRU" out.

Attachments

• Captor_back.JPG
    Captor_back.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
im sorry i dont understand which plug to plug in but this is the back of the amp i have so do i plug the red input of the captor into the speaker output of the randall and for attenuation i plug in the attenuator plug of the captor into the SEND input of the randall? or the RETURN
IMG_7289.jpg

You can't go out the FX loop into your Captor, as then no load is present for the power amp. There are no outs on the back of that amp to interrupt the signal to the speaker, which is why I think a little look in behind the panel on the back of the amp is needed...

Back