Need some help LP guys

overthemountain

OK... have been looking to add another LPC to the stable. There are several here and on TGP that I'm interested in, trying to get a few thoughts in general as to which is likely to be a better guitar, as I know they can be all over the map.

1)2012 CS Frampton - in classifieds here. $3,000 obo. I like the slim neck profile.

2)2007 CS Silverburst - TGP. $3,000. Per seller, thin neck, low action. Upgrades including BKP Rebel Yells.

3)2009 CS White - TGP. $2,750. I like the fact that I don't have a white one yet lol.

4)1998 CS Black - TGP. $1,950. Don't like the gold hardware so would prob change it out. Has Suhr Aldrichs.

5)1973 White - TGP. $4,000. Looks pretty clean for the age.

Thoughts/opinions? I currently have a Silverburst and a Sykes which I love both.

I would never buy a Gibson without playing it first. I don't trust Gibson's Quality control and people will say anything to make a sale.

We're it me I'd go vintage, but I'm not the biggest fan of white for LPCs and $4k is too much.

Next would be the Silverburst; if it's the one I'm thinking of he's a nice guy and when he says he sent a ton back to get one that sounds good I believe him. Dude has some NICE gear and has always shot straight with me over the years on a few different forums. No affiliation whatsoever; he's had it up for a while and I think it's priced too high. If you dig it maybe offer $2600-$2700 and see where it gets you.

The black is always a classy look and the Aldriches would be an easy flip here, if anything is these days. Black LPCs are the one guitar I dig gold hardware on, it's cheaper and that'd be my bet, but you can flip the hardware too...there are always guys wanting to shine up their black ones.

The Frampton looks cool as hell but I friggin HATE middle pickups on LPs.

If it were me, I'd either join up at MLP or if you're already a member there throw up a WTB ad in the Classifieds. That's how I found my '89, and I got it for less than any of the ones you mentioned...you're most likely never going to see a $4,000 LPC in the Classifieds there, these guys know LPCs and price them accordingly.

Of the ones listed, I'd take the Frampton... Of course that basically my dream LP... So I may be biased. Lol

Back