Neil Young back to Spotify

acceptance

After the Gold Rush is one of my all time favs, but what a bitch! He left whining about Joe Rogan and “misinformation” at Spotify, and now comes back because Apple and Amazon are supposedly doing the same thing. Why not quit being a whiny old bitch, suck it up and find a smaller venue that meets your fascist speech standards Neil? Oh, because you want more money?! …Shows the real priorities of these sanctimonious blowhards.

That whole shit was just platform war stuff. Nothing greedier than a boomer hippie 'im really a farmer and not a trust fund baby' poseur with a stick up his ass. Love his toans though.

…Wait a second…🧐

1710366528227.png

Wasn't he trying to prop up some "pono" crap a few years ago that was supposed to be a better way to listen to digital music files? Folded before it got off the ground dinnit?

I
Trinity makes some nice amps. Whenever the have the kits back in stock I wouldn't mind building a Trip Top and/or Triwatt.

Yea those guys are great. I emailed Stephen once with a question and dude CALLED me back to answer the question and just chat about the build in general. Super nice guy.

It’s a bummer that things haven’t been in stock like they used to be though

I built their Vox/Matchless style amp when they offered that one. Pretty cool amp. Really loud for 15 watts.
I wonder why octal preamp tube amps are so niche. They sound way better for that tweed thing. I had a 50s octal Gibson way back, sounded like a vintage 5e3 on crack.

I built their Vox/Matchless style amp when they offered that one. Pretty cool amp. Really loud for 15 watts.
I wonder why octal preamp tube amps are so niche. They sound way better for that tweed thing. I had a 50s octal Gibson way back, sounded like a vintage 5e3 on crack.
I dissembled the the 5e3 in that clip and built some crazy grid leak biased 6sj7/5e3 mashup that was kinda cool but not overly useful lol. this makes me want to open it back up and tweak it a bit. I think last I left it I had a resistor or two clipped in to play with the NFB, but then I lost interest

I dissembled the the 5e3 in that clip and built some crazy grid leak biased 6sj7/5e3 mashup that was kinda cool but not overly useful lol. this makes me want to open it back up and tweak it a bit. I think last I left it I had a resistor or two clipped in to play with the NFB, but then I lost interest
Was it difficult to build? Schematics are kind of like sheet music to me. I can read them very slowly. My soldering skills aren't the best but I can do it. Seems kind of like a fun project.

Was it difficult to build? Schematics are kind of like sheet music to me. I can read them very slowly. My soldering skills aren't the best but I can do it. Seems kind of like a fun project.
the 5e3 was a fairly simple build. The first few builds I did were all kits, and I chose Trinity kits because their instructions are amazing. plus they have a pretty active forum for asking questions. They come with a bunch of photos and wiring diagrams so you really don't need to read a schematic at all. I can read schematics well enough to steal ideas but I'd probably struggle building an entire amp from one.

the biggest thing is to just triple check everything before you power it up.

the 5e3 was a fairly simple build. The first few builds I did were all kits, and I chose Trinity kits because their instructions are amazing. plus they have a pretty active forum for asking questions. They come with a bunch of photos and wiring diagrams so you really don't need to read a schematic at all. I can read schematics well enough to steal ideas but I'd probably struggle building an entire amp from one.

the biggest thing is to just triple check everything before you power it up.
Thanks. Will definitely keep that in mind for the future.

Back